Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Neogeo, Great question. I spoke briefly with designer Kevin Malmren who indicated there are several installations of the speakers locally where they can be auditioned, but didn't ask about associated gear with them. That would seem to be a next logical A/B comparison.
I just heard they are now scheduled for delivery in november. Can anyone on pre-order confirm this?
I'm on the pre-order list and emailed Jonathan a few days ago. Haven't heard back from him yet. Will report back once i get his response.
I do not doubt that these speakers are excellent for 2K and maybe are flat excellent. That said, to really know in a real world setting, you would need to mate these 2K speakers with electronics at a level that most people buying a 2K pair of speakers would use. That is, how do these sound with a 2K CD player driven by a 4K integrated amp (or 4-5K separates). Probably 95% of the people who spend 2K on a speaker have a system that costs no more than 8-9K tops. So... hearing these speakers driven by 50K worth of amplification and 30K of a source is not a realistic setting for analysis.

For reference, I heard the Silverline $600 mini speakers driven by 20K of electronics at a show and they sounded absolutely stunning --- when mated with 3K of electronics the same speakers were very, very good for the price... but not stunning by any stretch.

What do the Microones really sound like when driven by realistic electronics?