Troubles What you’re in - -Fink (Live from Union chapel London)
Keith Dont Go - Nils Lofgren
Daggers & Knives - Woodes
Hey Now - London Grammar
Caught our in the rain (live royal Albert hall ) - Beth Hart
Mountain Time (Live at Carnegie Hall) - Joe Bonamassa
Serious - Bernard Allison
River Child (acoustic ) - Civil Twilight 
Heaven I know - Gordi 
Parade of the dead (unplugged) - Black Label Society
Blessings & Curses - Wolves at the gate
Euphoria - Stalgia
Mindlessness - Jimmy Wahlsteen

Lots of different types of music to hear - full soundstage, crisp vocals, a punch is bass, the feeling like the artists are actually in the room with you. If these don’t sound great on your system you need to replace it. Lol 

I don't know if my favorite music is appropriate for another person to test speaker performance with since what we like is all personal taste.
My approach is to bring my favorite music (both poorly recorded and well recorded).
But I have 3 albums I use for testing Dire Straits Brothers in Arms, Bella Flec Flight of the Cosmic Hippo, and Jeff Beck Wired.
If a speaker system can satisfy me with these albums I am good to go.
Some great suggestions here, thanks.

However, with one or two exceptions, there's very little here in the way of excellently recorded orchestral music, which I think presents a unique test for loudspeakers.  Mercury Living Presence has some good stuff but the application of modern recording techniques has raised the bar substantially.  

Any recommendations in this genre would be appreciated.
I use different kinds of music to explore various performance characteristics of speakers, ie:

• Well-recorded acoustic jazz to explore timbre, detail/speed & soundstage
  • Well-recorded large scale classical and choral to explore time, detail/speed, soundstage, and dynamics
  • Well-recorded blues, Afro-pop, reggae, electronic/chill to explore overall tonality, bass depth/impact & dynamics

One of my favorite torture-test tracks in the 3rd category is Donald Fagen's "Morph the Cat" (title track of that 2008 recording). The opening note is a huge transient built up of countless bass instruments & other things in the studio. Few other cuts show just how large & loud a speaker can get (in a hurry).