DENAFRIPS DAC ---- Owner Impressions, Feedback, General Discussion, Questions and more....

Thread for OWNER IMPRESSIONS, FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, ETC. regarding DENAFRIPS DACs.

DENAFRIPS lists the following R2R DACs:

Ares, Pontus, Venus, and Terminator (in increasing price order).

"DENAFRIPS incorporated in year 2012, focus in developing high end audio equipment at a very affordable price. Throughout the years of intense Research & Development, and continuous improvement of the product lines, DENAFRIPS had finally settled with the current product range equipped with R-2R ladder DAC technology. The reason behind this is the designer strongly believe that R-2R DAC is the best way to reproduce music.

The name, DENAFRIPS, stand for:

D-ynamic
E-xquisite
N-atural
A-ttractive
F-idelity
R-efined
I-ntoxicating
P-ure
S-ophisticated

This mean a lot and it is the house-sound of all DENAFRIPS products." [Copied From Denafrips About Us section]
david_ten
If  you guys do not mind  me asking a noob question. 
I just bought (used) the original version of the Denafrips Ares.
For those who have it, where in the chain do you add it?
My source is a Oppo 203. Prepro is Marantz 7703 and amp is Outlaw 7000x and speaker are a LSim 705 includng lsim center and 703 for surrounds.
Thanks for any guidance.
Slimdub14 Keep in mind that the Ares is a 2 channel DAC and will only work with the main left and right channels. A DAC is a digital to analog converter. You use it to convert any digital sources such as the digital out put of a cd player (to bypass the built in one) or a bluray disc player, a computer or a streamer or server. Then connect the output (the RCA jacks) to any available input on your Marantz. Not a phono input though. Also be aware that your home theater system may not be able to take advantage of all the performance that the Denafrips has to offer.

Good luck!
This post is bittersweet.  I conducted an extended component evaluation over a month ago and just recently had the opportunity to acquire it. 

I've decided to move on from my Terminator. It has found a new home and the new owner is looking forward to pairing it with his Jays Audio Transport. I'm sure he'll be posting his findings in the near future.

I'd like to recognize Alvin / Vinshine Audio and DENAFRIPS for their support and for the joy the Terminator has delivered on, as a primary component in my system over the past two plus years.

Hopefully one or more members will carry this thread forward. I encourage you do so and I will continue to contribute, though much less often.

Here is the link to my system for those of you who may be curious about the recent changes.

https://audio-system-details.blogspot.com/
Post removed