DeVore Silverbacks

Any thoughts? Heard them recently and was quite impressed.
dchattleton
No wonder. VAC and Lamm are considered among the very best and seem to work well with many different speakers.
Dchattleton, thank you for your post. This is the exact issue that I have been struggling with recently. I own a VAC Avatar Super which works very well with my Devore Silverbacks; I have always been intrigued by Shindo and happened upon an Apetite integrated which I have had for about 3 weeks. The Shindo has an absolutely amazing noise floor, imaging, staging, and accuracy. The music comes together in a very special way and it is so much fun to listen to. This Shindo does not do bass very well because it is only 15W but it makes me really wonder what the higher powered Shindo mono blocks with a shindo pre would be like. What is also intriguing is how would say a Monbrison pre with a good VAC amp accomplish (for a lot less than the all shindo affair)?
Maineiac, the bass on the VAC is awesome. Better than the corton charlemagne monos I tried out, IMO. Think your suggested pairing could be pretty good.
Dhattleton, now I have a goal. I have also been considering the new VAC sigma
integrated. Why didn't you go with Shindo for your pre-amp?
Aesthetix was just as good as the monbrison that I was looking at, IMO. Shindo is great but there are other brands out there that are just as good. The aesthetix maybe didn't have as much soul as the shindo but the detail was better without being analytic. It also pairs well with the VAC. Still very involving but not as "chocolatey" as shindo. The VAC preamps are also suppose to be very good.