Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
I am an old fart, so take this with a grain of salt as I am also a first time poster who is nowhere as learned/experienced as those on this forum which I have shadowed and learned from for many years.

I started with a Discwasher kit in the 70's (still have it although pretty worn out). From there, after a hiatus from vinyl in the 90's, I went to a VPI-HW17 (excellent machine), which I still use to this day. Than in 2019 I get a killer deal on a  Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner PRO. I now use the VPI to do an intial distilled water cleaning than on to the Audio Desk and back to the VPI for another distilled water pass. I have been pleased with the results of this process.

Now that I have shared my record cleaning history. I would highly suggest you go to the Pro-Ject VC-S2 ALU machine or any of the VPI's, Okki Nokki or wet/vacuum cleaning machine which, IMHO will do a way better job than a Spin Clean or any other hand cleaning method that I know of. 

I clean all records, new and used. Cleaning technique may vary between new and used, but new or used they need to be cleaned.

When I am away from home and buy LP's, I clean with an Allsop Orbitrac 3. When I return home they go in the VPI & Audio Desk.

I also clean my stylus between each side on a LP with a brush and a  Onzow Zerodust.

I have been told I am somewhat anal retentive.

I own a Loricraft and have used it for well over 3 decades.
Contrary to Chakster's claim that new records don' t require cleaning based entirely on his opinion they don't,...they most certainly benefit from and should be. The Loricraft like others easily shows in the waste jar just what was in the grooves of that "new" lp.
The poster who brought up working in a clean room I bet most certainly knows record pressing plants are far and away at the other end of the spectrum realistically. Apparently some here think they are , to feel cleaning isn't needed or the paper sleeves still used aren't an issue to worry about. Yet the forums are littered with complaints of new vinyl is noisy no matter how many times some read the guy who isn't complaining cleaned his first...and .... more importantly rinsed well.
You will never know how a record was handled when packaged after pressing....or how it was handled by previous user (s) if used ....
You only know how it is handled in your posession.
Besides the cost of the vinyl itself, we pay considerable sums for cartridges these days. Proactive it seems makes the few minutes cleaning new , or new to you vinyl and the visible crud suspended in the vacuumed cleaning fluid jar to me, beats opinion based on opinion...
I agree with Johnread57 above. I have hear the sugar cube unit in operation and it works great. It is a little pricey but not a budget buster.