Low Cost DACs

Currently I have my laptop connected directly via 1/8 jack from headphone outlet into 2 RCAs directly into my tube amp. Quality of sound is lacking to say the least!
I am considering adding an inexpensive DAC ( iFi AUDIO nano iDSD LE Portable DAC  or iFi Audio nano iOne DAC ) into the stream between the laptop & amp.My question is: will this influence the overall sound I'll hear out of my speakers? Will adding such a DAC help to increase the quality of sound produced by the system?
I'm not interested in spending a lot of money on a DAC as this is a source that I don't use as much as some others already in the system.
wcc10
I use a Chord Mojo in my loudspeaker system and it does a phenomenal job. Right now looks like most places are selling them for around $399.  

And to also echo some of the other responses you likely can't go wrong with an Audioquest Dragonfly or Schiit.
Thanks Rego.I did all of what you suggested and Schiit was visible in Devise Manager 'cept there was a yellow exclamation point shown with Modi 3. So this told me it sees it but there's a driver missing!At any rate, the thing would not play UNTIL I downloaded Gen 2 & Installed this program. Go figure!!Yes, Schiit is set to 24/192 in properties.So as long as Modi 3  is connected to Laptop via USB DATA port it is powered I'm wondering why I spent $50.00 for iFi Low Noise DC power supply?? Isn't this redundant power input?But it plays.
So let me ask you all this:I have the opportunity to purchase a 2019 Catalina Mac Book Pro 8th Gen i5 Lap Top at a good price.Do you think this would help overall sound quality or, as it's still going through the Modi3 DAC, it won't make much difference?Thanks.

Thanks Rego.I did all of what you suggested and Schiit was visible in Devise Manager 'cept there was a yellow exclamation point shown with Modi 3. So this told me it sees the Modi but there's a driver missing! At any rate, the thing would not play UNTIL I downloaded Gen 2 & Installed this program. Go figure! Yes, Schiit is set to 24/192 in properties.

So as long as Modi 3 is connected to Laptop via USB DATA port it is powered I'm wondering why I spent $50.00 for iFi Low Noise DC power supply?? Isn't this redundant power input? But it plays.

So let me ask you all this: I have the opportunity to purchase a 2019 Catalina Mac Book Pro 8th Gen i5 Lap Top at a good price. Do you think this would help overall sound quality or, as it's still going through the Modi3 DAC, it won't make much difference? Thanks.