A Worthwhile Untrasonic Cleaner

I just purchased these two items from Amazon (PRIME)...

An Album Rotation device - holds 5 albums...
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PNCVMZ3/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_dp_1

An Utransonic Cleaning Tub
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HNQ26WT/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_dp_f1

The rotation device is extremely well built and fits the tub perfectly. The tub also looks well made, but is a bit noisy, but that is normal from what I have read..

I have just finished cleaning some 30+ albums and found the complete unit is extremely good at getting rid of those crackles and pops - even finger prints and other grunge - with minimal effort

The tub defaults to a wash time of 5 minute (I used 10 minutes) and I reduced default temperature to 20 Celsius, but the ultrasonic process warms the water up, so by the time I had finished some 35+ albums it was 30 Celsius.

Even had a friend come over with 3 of his dirtiest albums - grunge + finger prints - just plain grubby. Ten minutes of cleaning and voila - shiney like new (apart from the scratches) playing the album was almost noise free - probably needed a second wash.

So the total cost for both units was around $450 from Amazon.ca ($370 from Amazon.com)) for the two pieces - which from what I have been seeing is perhaps the lowest price for an Ultrasonic cleaner out there.

Eager to try the unit that arrived yesterday, I only used distilled water - without any additive

What additive does the absolute best job ?
What difference does it make?
Or should I just stick with distilled water?

Thanks for any feedback.

One of the best analogue related value for money products I have ever purchased

At this rate I’ll clean my entire vinyl library pretty quickly AND do some of the wife’s jewellery :-)

If you are looking for something that actually cleans you vinyl well - consider these products.

Regards - Steve

williewonka
@anovak great post man!  Thanks for passing along this research.  Sounds like your significant effort is being rewarded through great sound.  Nice.  
Appreciate your post, spiritofradio!  I can tell you this was the one thing that held me back for a long time, not having a solution that was fairly inexpensive, made from readily available ingredients, and most of all effective!  After all, the whole reason to improve our cleaning techniques is that we want the cleanest possible records to spin, right?  The tanks and the record spinning gadgets had both become very reasonable in terms of price, so it was just what to use as the solution that kept me from jumping in.  Now that I have, and been cleaning this way for a couple months, it's really a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.  Thanks again, I hope it helps a lot of vinyl enthusiasts take the next step.  By the way, Phantomrebel has quite an informative thread over on another forum that is extremely helpful if you are interested.  Just google him and record cleaning and you'll see what I mean.  
SAFETY ALERT!!!

Hepatstat 256 in its concentrated form is dangerous, its deadly.  Read the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), and other Warning labels.  This is an Industrial product, and unless you have experience with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face shields, gloves, proper ventilation, STAY Away from this product.  This product in its concentrated form is hazardous through even skin absorption.  

Correct, the label will inform you of that and it is highly advised to wear protective gloves and eyewear when handling the product.  Avoiding skin contact and especially eye contact is extremely important.  Additionally, the container that it comes as I bought it has a dispenser that must be removed to get the liquid to flow out of the container.  This is all addressed in the other forum to which I alluded, the thread by Phantomrebel.  I'm not sure I can point to that thread directly without violating this forum's rules.  Please advise.  It is really necessary reading to proceed safely, but once you know how to approach things there will be no real concern, at least there was not for me.  Good call though antinn.  Thanks.
@anovak

I have a question about your formula above. You stated to add an additional 200ml of IPA (91%) to the tank before starting the cleaning process. That's a little more than 6.5 oz, seem like a lot for a 5 qt tank of solution. Is that correct?