Audio Research Ref 6 SE

Hi , was told today that Audio Research Ref 6 SE is about to get released with first shipment scheduled by the end of December/ early January, if anyone has more information about specs please share , I emailed AR support waiting for response with details but they confirmed about Ref 6 SE release . I was about to purchase one so would be interested to see what got upgraded or how much will current Ref 6 will drop in price ..,
128x128datka3
I would also agree with 9rw.1992 seems to be a magical year because this also was the year that I obtained  my first ARC product.As far as their reliability is concerned I have only had one failure due to  the product.That was a blown rectifier diode on my D400mkII and it cost $75 to repair.(1998) I recently did something really dumb and shorted a triac out  while cleaning my Ref tube amp with it plugged in but switch off.I shipped it to ARC and when they got it they emailed me and told me they did not think the box would make the return back (110 miles) and promptly added $230 to my bill.I sent them a nasty email saying there was nothing wrong with the box.I never got a response. They later claimed  that the email was automatically sent and they did not see my email until later.My point-$130/hr,really inflated repair part and tube prices.and 5 weeks wait time. In spite of this I am still an ARC user and co-dependant and if I buy another pre or power amp(used of course) it will probably be ARC but I hope I will never have to have have it serviced. P.S. ARC did give me the option of picking the amp up at the factory to save the cost of a new box and I took them up on the offer and also saved about $70 on shipping.
If you've assembled a system with offsetting products, like a warm speaker with bright cables, then you might have bad results when you choose a replacement in that system.
Upgrades need to slap you in the face for the better, or don't spend the money! 
Most equipment gets better over time, it's something we live with. I'll bet the SE is better. The 7 will probably be even better in a few years. In the meantime I will go home, enjoy some music, and relax, whatever is in my system.
Good to hear that Stereo Exchange took care of you.
I owned an  used Arc ref 5 se for a few months before upping it to the a brand new ref 6. Big difference in sound. Wondering how much better will the ref 6se sound compares to the 6. I am kinda disappointed Arc came out with a ref 6se so soon. It makes me think that these are not Ref preamps if they upgrade so often. Don’t make sense. It almost makes me think as soon as a new Ref model comes out they are working on another new Ref model to replace the last one. And it’s only about money.