The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
I found the Sony SCD777ES at J&R Music World in NYC for under $1600. You have to negotiate, and probably could get them to match other prices. If you buy mail order, they have a return policy, although I would be sure to get this in writing. My personal choice though, would be the Wadia 830.
I got a Cal Audio Alpha/Delta used, had it upgraded by the factory. The whole thing cost $755.00. I've had 6 cd players over 15 years, some costing many times more but this is the BEST....so far lol
The Resolution Audio CD55 gets my vote for the top spot. For a lot less money and close performance, listen to a Thule - it's very good.
I'd go for the Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 upsampling CD Player. While not cheap at $6,200.00 retail, I got a great deal from www.audiotweakers.com and I was able to eliminate a pre-amp as the Capitole has a buffered subminiature tube output stage that drives my amps directly.Also the remote volume control has me spoiled.