30 Amplifiers Totaling $428,740.00 In Search of Audio Nirvana

Yes it’s true! I have both owned and auditioned 30 of the top selling amplifiers Totaling $428,740.00 in search of that secret sauce called Audio Nirvana. All though there is no one size fits all, they all have their own special touch of magic for someone at a price point and sound signature that will be a fit for your musical listening taste. With that being said, this long list of amplifiers ranging from $2500.00 MSRP to $85,000.00 is what I experience through trial and error while running the gamut of Class A-AB-D and Tube Amplifiers from a variety of the top Amplifier Make and Models listed below.

Anthem Integrated 225

Adcom 575SE 

Audio Research 160S

Bell Canto 600M 

Block Audio

Bryston 7BSST2 

Divalet Expert Pro 220 

Gryphon Diablo 

Krell Evolution  

Hegel H30 

Luxman M900U 

Merril Eliment 118 

McIntosh 452 

McIntosh 601 

Octave Audio V110  

Musical Fidelity Titan 

Parasound A21 

Parasound JC1 

Pass Lads X250.5 

Pass Labs X350.5 

Pass Labs XA160.8 

Pass labs XS300 

Plinius SA-250 

PS Audio BHK 300 Signature 

Primaluna Premium HP 

Primaluna Prologue 

Sim Audio W7 

I actually couldn't believe it myself until I looked at my spreadsheet 5.5 years later and said WTF have I done? All that said I can truly say it has been one fun ride! 

The purpose and goal for posting this long list is of amplifiers was to share my thoughts and experiences with you from a unbiased point of view with Absolutely No Quid Pro Quo :)

Cheers

128x128blumartini
Post removed 
After careful review and 30 amplifiers later I have decided to stick with the Audio Research Reference 160S. As of today there is nothing out there that can come close the $20k plus price point and much above. I will admit that I was never a tube amp guy but after listening to this masterpiece I must say that I was humbled. For those who love the organic musicality and resolution sound along with a large sound stage of tube and Class A with the speed and bass slam of S/S than put this on your next must listen to list! 

The brief time I had with the 160s was a revelation. That amp has so much slam and control that I thought I was listening to a pure solid state amp. I can say that it impressed me in many areas and didn't quit nor did it sound compressed after listening at loud volumes. I don't know what they do in those amps but I don't know if any other tube amp that sounds like it. 
I’ve heard the 160 monos side by side with the Boulder 1160 and preferred the Boulder. That’s not to say i disliked the ARC products (I do have a REF 6 at home). There was just something special about the Boulder for the music I listen to and I now have the 1160 at home and couldn’t be happier. That said, I’m glad you love the 160S. I do agree at the price point there are very few competitors who can rival it for clarity and musicality. 
Post removed