Is the NHT xd System worth buying today?

I have an opportunity to buy the NHT XDS system. The asking price is about what it was going for during the closeout sale, so about half of the orginal retail price, it is not a giveaway. I am just wondering if this system is still valid today considering the advancements in the technology used?
geoben
I'm in the market for an Xd 2.1 system to add to my 5 channel 4 subwoofer Xd set up. So anyone wanting to unload a system can do it. I bought one last year for $1400. I'm trying to build an all Xd Auro 3D set up (9 channels). I think they are giant killers, but no system is perfect. As far as noise is concerned, they are sensitive. I must pay attention to cable dressing, proper grounding and power conditioning. We have some power issues at our house that can trigger that sensitivity. It is true that the amp is the weak point as far as decades long use is concerned because it is so specialized. There is a very quiet fan deep in the power supply that can get noisy after 11 years of constant use - not too hard to replace
Post removed 
Curious if anyone has tried a digital crossover like the MiniDSP 2x4 hd and amps to drive the Xd speakers. If I could find an and set at anywhere near the "closeout" price, I'd certainly consider such an experiment. Most going for close to a thousand is quite another matter. 
Keithtexas wrote:

“...The selling point of the system was not just the amp, but the active crossover and equalization that resulted from a significant dedication of engineering/development resources. A signal perfectly tailored to the drivers and enclosures is created in the digital domain, and mainline/amplified and sent directly to the midrange, tweeter, and subwoofers, without any phase colorations or crossover distortion caused by passive components.”

Aren’t you describing Meridian’s entire line of DSP speakers? In an all in one package? I set my source (Bluesound Node2i) on top of one speaker. Run a single cable to the other. And control the entire thing from my iPhone/iPad.

Not to take this OT and that it isn’t intriguing to see how another company might do the same with separates. In fact, I’m sort of regretting passing up the EBay auction yesterday for a two XdW setup. They were cream/red and would never pass SAF so it would be a passing fancy, then quite cumbersome to sell on. Anyone here involved in that auction?

Rnathens00

Wouldn’t you need a fifth and/or sixth channel for sub(s)? The response of the satellites alone is fairly anemic and really requires a sub. That said, there are a pair or two available currently if still interested...