Denon DL-103 and Audio Note AN-S2 SUT problem

Hi all. 

So with high hopes of glorious vinyl sound I purchased the Audio Note M6 phono and the AN S-2 L SUT. The pair replaced my M3 Line and a Lehman Black cube phono stage head amp.
Well it didn't work. It sounds like my laptop speakers. No bass, very tinny and almost no gain. Not even listenable.
Is the AN S-2 SUT that poor a match for the Denon DL-103? I am pretty sure I have read that others have used this combination successfully. Even my local dealer said it would be a good match.

Is there a problem with the SUT maybe? 

I am quite disappointed to say the least.

Thanks for any help. 
128x128pkvintage
After closer reading of your suggestions it could also be the phono stage in the M6 as the sound did not change. 

Thanks
Post removed 
To be clear, your dealer is a plonker.

The Audio Note ANS2/L has a switchable impedance of 3 & 12 ohms.
The 3 ohm input is for the Audio Note IO cartridge.The 12 ohm input is for cartridges with an internal impedance of 3-4 ohms.

These inputs are both mismatches with the Denon 103 which has an internal impedance of 40 ohms and will result in a sound bright, thin and no body, exactly as you have described in your opening post. They are also mismatches with the Denon 103R which has an internal impedance of 14 ohms.

Even the ANS2/H is problematical.
It is designed for cartridges with internal impedance 3-4 ohms and 15-20ohms.
The Denon 103R ( 14hohms ) will work with the ANS2/H but the Denon 103 (40 ohms) will not work.

In fact none of the current product AN transformers will work with the Denon 103 ( 40 ohms ).

Your cheapest solution is to either get your dealer to replace the ANS2/L with the ANS2/H AND buy a Denon 103R

or

Buy another SUT that matches your cartridge.

Dover... Have you actually heard the combination?

The so called... Plonkers.... have been selling, servicing AN and building  ANK personally, not just the dealership for decades. They are very well respected in the industry for their knowledge and integrity.

What you should have said was personally, you disagree with their opinion instead of calling them names.

The 103 and AN S-2  is not a perfect combination but it is an economical one to start with. The S-2 is a  good SUT that will allow me to upgrade MC's and reap the benefits when I choose. 

Update. I now have my SUT and M6  phono at the dealership and they are checking things out. I will post when I have them back.

Cheers
Is the Denon a DL 103 or the 103R?
Dover is correct on specs.
It looks like the 103 at 40ohm is not a good match with either the  L or H version.
The 103R should work well enough with the H and be marginal with the L.
So in reality if you have the 103R it will be ok at best.
If you have just the 103 then I doubt it will ever sound that good.
Sorry......