Subwoofer rumble issue

I’m having a hard time solving a problem that seems to come and go. My subwoofer will rumble uncontrollably when playing records at a higher volume. If I turn the volume down sharply it goes away but when I creep the volume back up it comes back. I’ve tried isolating my turntable as much as possible with diy books, isolation feet, etc. (I don’t want to buy an expensive isolation platform unless that really is the issue.) Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? Thx!
paulgardner
Georgie Porgie and misogyny, are you dudes high or just forget to take your smart pills? 💊 💊

wolf_garcia
Note that Dylan does NOT say "best of luck to you" at the end of his records.

>>>>Dylan said he does. He said so in an interview in San Francisco. He even has a song about it.

https://youtu.be/uWaKrLLtQPg
Yeah I’m not into the spring thing. Never gonna happen.

The REL has a phase switch. 0 or 180. My system likes 180. Flit it to 0 while music is playing and the Sub rumbles uncontrollably. Earthquake time! 
I understand that a properly set up REL should go unnoticed but apparently I Guess I like more bass than most “purist audiophiles”. I absolutely love my set up (aside from the recent sub rumble issue) and am blown away by how good some recordings can sound. I’ve always been into listening to music and sound quality but only up until recently (about a year) have I really discovered what a very good stereo sounds like. Partly due to financial reasons. I’ve always had a nice stereo set up but never really nice stereo. It’s a different game when you get into the $10k+ realm. I have a subsonic filter on the way. I’ll play around with that - otherwise I’ll learn to live with a sub crossover/volume combo that sits below the earthquake rumble reaction. My next upgrade is a new phono stage. The MS Phonomena II+ is great but I do miss the all tube experience I once had. A rabbit hole this game really is!
If your current setup (preamp/receiver) has an "infrasonic" filter, it is the same thing.
I'm guessing the turntable is a direct drive? Usually direct drive turntables aren't as isolated from the base as they could be..... Subsonic/infrasonic filters work well with them. Beware of any "in line" subsonic filters unless they are designed specifically for the phono stage....