What is wrong with audiophiles?

Something that has happened countless times happened again last night. Ordinary people over for a party listening to some music easily hear things audiophiles argue endlessly don't even exist. Oh, its worse even than that- they not only easily hear but are stunned and amazed at what they hear. Its absolutely clearly obvious this is not anything they ever were expecting, not anything they can explain- and also is not anything they can deny. Because its so freaking obvious! Happens every time. Then I come on here and read one after another not only saying its impossible, but actually ridiculing people for the audacity of reporting on the existence of reality.

Okay, concrete examples. Easy demos done last night. Cable Elevators, little ceramic insulators, raise cables off the floor. There's four holding each speaker cable up off the floor. Removed them one by one while playing music. Then replaced them. Music playing the whole time. First one came out, instant the cable goes on the floor the guy in the sweet spot says, "OH! WTF!?!?!"

Yeah. Just one. One by one, sound stage just collapses. Put em back, image depth returns.

Another one? Okay.

Element CTS cables have Active Shielding, another easy demo. Unplug, plug back in. Only takes a few seconds. Tuning bullets. Same thing. These are all very easy to demo while the music is playing without interruption. This kills like I don' know how many birds with one stone. Auditory memory? Zero. Change happens real time. Double blind? What could be more double blind than you don't know? Because nobody, not me, not the listener, not one single person in the room, knows exactly when to expect to hear a change- or what change to expect, or even if there would be any change to hear at all. Heck, even I have never sat there while someone did this so even I did not know it was possible to hear just one, or that the change would happen not when the Cable Elevator was removed but when the cable went down on the floor.

We're talking real experience here people. No armchair theorizing. What real people really hear in real time playing real music in a real room.

I could go on. People who get the point will get the point. People who ridicule- ALWAYS without ever bothering to try and hear for themselves!- will continue to hate and argue.

Something almost all audiophiles insist on, its like Dogma 101, you absolutely always must play the same "revealing" track over and over again. Well, I never do this. Used to. Realized pretty quickly though just how boring it is. Ask yourself, which is easier to concentrate on- something new and interesting? Or something repetitive and boring? You know the answer. Its silly even to argue. Every single person in my experience hears just fine without boring them to tears playing the same thing over and over again. Only audiophiles subject themselves to such counterproductive tedium.

What is wrong with audiophiles????
128x128millercarbon

thyname
“‘’ atdavid, you sure are a nosey f%@*$er. And quite creepy“”

No s@&*%t, you just realized that now? That’s what this guy does, full time. It’s his job. Every single Facebook group and audio forum. He has mastered the art of trolling. Can’t beat him I am afraid

>>>He’s a troll? Are you hot doggin’ me? 🌭Well shut my mouth and call me cornpone! Shut the cave door and back to pigmy country!
Thanks millercarbon

Very interesting voice of Alan Watts that was unknown to me but I read it a lot young...It was the first voice for me that made me thinking about my link with the world...My best to you....

GEOFF,

Please Stop Lying. You, yes You, absolutely did claim that you have a degree in theoretical physics.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/absolutely-classless-stereophile

geoffkait,

I have a degree in theoretical physics (fluid dynamics and propulsion) from the University of Virginia, actually now that I think about it I accumulated the most credits ever recorded by an undergraduate, 203. I was selected to present my undergraduate thesis to the AIAA national conference on a design of a low thrust rocket engine for interplanetary space travel using highly magnetized metal crystal bombarded by highly accelerated Xenon ions. I designed the FAA’s first satellite system twenty five years ago. i wrote the definitive explanation for how the intelligent chip works quantum mechanically ten years ago and have been designing quantum chips for many years. However, I can certainly understand how English majors would be rubbed the wrong way.

Cheers,

geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica

September 28, 2014 - 7:34am

geoffkait18,271 posts11-15-2019 5:16amatdavid, I’m an aerospace engineer. I’m a theoretical physicist. Theoretical propulsion and theoretical fluid dynamics are both theoretical physics. Hel-loo! I never said I had a degree in Theoretical Physics. Get over it. That’s just your failing memory playing tricks on you again. Or else you’re lying. Take your pick. You’re wrong every time you open you’re mouth. You can’t seem to get things straight. Eat more fish. 🐟🐟🐟

I can entertain a reciprocal relation with a living subject, for example Boris my dog, and Boris my dog can entertain a relation with me...In the universal memory field of morphic resonance of Sheldrake (the living part of the information field) this relation is there transforming itself for eternity...

The relation I have with a table or an amplifier does not transform itself for the eternity and is not reciprocal...This is a passive external relation that works only one side, it is an illusory relation...The relation with Boris is not illusory...It is a conscious individual...

I can entertain a relation with my amplifier, but my amplifier cannot entertain a reciprocal relation with me, then this relation is not in the living part of the information field, and is not there primarily for the eternity...

The morphic resonance field is in the living part of the information field, and is linked internally to the universal memory field directly...If you apply this theory directly to object like to a living consciousness you go too far away...

An audio gear, amplifier, dac, etc cannot be connected to a consciousness the same internal way a living subject is...

This is the difference between the morphic resonance theory of Sheldrake and magical thinking...And there is one...

G.K. your interpretation of the theory of morphic resonance make it magical...

The science fact behind this theory that must be verified by experiment is "the internal reciprocal link" between all living consciousness on earth and in the universe, be it me and my dog for example... With this interpretation I think that this theory is valid and falsifiable...Not with your interpretation...Things dont exist forever for eternity, you did, and all conscious being did....Hence things (pre-conscious being are not autonomous INDIVIDUALS) dont entertain internal reciprocal relation with you and me and our consciousness...We differ on that...

Tweaks cannot be explained by morphic resonance theory directly in the first place...Not my tweaks at least...

My best to all...
Uh, Mr. Smarty Pants, there is no degree in theoretical physics. I was just making a point back on Stereophile. It appears I don’t have to squeeze your head to make 💩 come out.