Power Line Conditioners

I am fairly uneducated to the power conditions although I currently use a Panamax 1000+ in my system. Do all components need to go through the unit or simply the amps. I like the PS 300 but it only has 4 outlets. Please help me understand this subject better if you have the time. Thank you. Rick
rlambertaa54
It sounds like I should definitely plug all my power amps directly into the wall, if I do this obviously I will not have any surge protection. Is this what I should do. What should I do about my other components as far as surge protection goes. I have 4 amps, DVD, LD, DAC, Preamp, DD/DTS processor, EX processor. Thanks to all who have responded, it has been very educational to me so far. Rick
all of you folks are trying to get some magical upgrade by using products that add noise to your circuit. sorry, all of 'em do, whether you spend 200 or 2000 $$. you don't need a surge protector if you have a decent amp with built-in circuit protection. save your money and use it to upgrade from mid-fi. alternatively, rewire your house, isolating and star-grounding your audio components.
Plug all your source components minus amps into the Panamax. Experiment. Do the amps sound better in the wall or in the Panamax? May have to install more outlets for the 4 amps.
If you own your own home,an ideal setup would be to add 2 dedicated lines and plug 2 amps into each one.This will give dedicated power for your amps to perform optimally and sound their best.One can also add a surge protection device at your main power supply circuit box. Contact a licensed electrician for further info.As far as PLC's go,of those who want one to improve sound and they purchase the right one and it is used in the right application(The nature of your power co. and the level of your components,hearing ect.) it will at least subtly improve the sound and in your case also the picture.I and 2 other audio friends have extensive experience with PLC's and some do nothing or very little,some detract from the sound some improve some areas and detract from others .We all have auditioned many units in our systems and were all together doing so and we all came to the same conclusions !!! The right PLC in the right application will improve the sound in all areas ! Of those who differ with this and have had alot of experience with listening to many plc's ,I realize that their situations were different and I respect their findings.Remember also ,that hearing as eye sight varies,and that what one hears ,another may not be capable of detecting or be focused to pick it out!Enjoy the music.