Are there any Tool fans here?

I feel that Undertow is far superior sounding than any others, especially the new one. It was recorded at Sound City back in the day where some of the best albums were recorded. Its console was the Neve console that Dave Groul now owns. Vintage gear and Eqs on that console can not be reproduced.  
jtbones
This guy, Colin O'Donohoe, does a good deconstruction of Lateralus. Even if you do not like the band you have to give them kudos for this level of effort.
https://youtu.be/WKYd3u8r3uI
Post removed 
@jtbones 
Sound wise I think this is killer, one of their best to date IMHO.  The drums in particular, just spot on. 
Tool fan or not, the mix and mastering is terrific!! Was actually surprised Ludwig did this.  Many of his other masterings are not even close to this, at least to my ears
My point about judging the demise of our civil society based upon ten-year increments in music? ... I rest my case. :-)

You know what?  Every generation says this same thing about the "young kids".  I don't really agree with this because the "best music" is always what the current generation has grown up with.
“I’m not one to judge the musical tastes of others, but ...“

But yet you are.  Music is so extremely personal and regardless of what your ears hear and what you prefer, it doesn’t always translate to others.  
One could cherry pick weird, offensive, lame, terrible etc.. tunes from every generation and say the same thing.  This is way off point from the OP and isn’t fair.  Start a new thread