Something For The Fuse Guys ...

There are fuses, and then, there are fuses. 

I'm evaluating some prototype fuses that I received in the mail three days ago. 

Over the past few years, I've used fuses from five different manufacturers. The last three were the Red, Black and Blue fuses from Synergistic Research. Each one incrementally improved the sound of my system. My favorite so far was the SR Blue. 

The prototype fuses being evaluated presently raises the SQ beyond all of the others mentioned above. The major improvement to my ears is better tonal accuracy. Instruments and voices are more life-like. The noise is reduced allowing for a more solid 3-D presentation with the musicians more solidly presented on the sound stage. Overall, more information is fleshed out of CDs and LPs. 

The manufacturer, the price and the name of the prototype fuses will come later. I don't have the information thus far. My understanding is, if all works out, the release date is to be mid-October. 

Stay tuned ... 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
At least my estimated number of fancy fuses sold continues to go up. 🤡
Nope Geoffy boy, they are perfect examples. You were using a bandwagon fallacy. 100,000 people have jumped on the fuse bandwagon, therefore it is a great idea. You are also using a blind loyalty argument and a confirmation bias with a bit of circular reasoning thrown in for good measure. My examples address all those items.

$400+ million / year spent on Homeopathic and many, just like fuses, claim it works wonders.

Oh, my VW Rabbit is fantastically reliable, I mean just look how many are on the road.

The Homeopathy argument, like fuses, breaks down as soon as it is exposed to controlled testing.

With 100,000 fuses sold, surely you can point to 3, 4, 10 controlled listening tests ... you know multiple subjects, double blind, AB or better ABX controlled? ... No? .... but you probably have a 100,000 excuses why not. Am I right?

How are those penis pills working out? :-)

10-21-2019 6:06pmYour examples make no sense in the context of audio. No offense intended. In fact your examples are excellent examples of logical fallacies.
As does the number of people following religion, mainly due to high birth rates in highly religious societies (outside the US). As does the amount spent on Homepathic remedies. As does the amount spent on penis pills.

I would not be proud of this fact.

geoffkait

At least my estimated number of fancy fuses sold continues to go up. 🤡
Pseudo skeptics have been using religion, expectation bias, placebo effect, holistic or alternative medicine, mass hallucination, subliminal messages, UFOs, alternative medicine, Wine tasting, pharma double-blind testing and other ridiculous examples to try to debunk audiophile devices like fuses, wire directionality, and many other controversial things for years. You can’t debunk something that’s not bunk. Are you an escapee from Randi’s Education Foundation? 
Debunk would imply that they have ever (and I do mean EVER) been proven to have any positive impact. Like I said, YOU will not be able to show even one documented, controlled listening test that indicates any positive benefit of a high priced fuse in an AC line. Why? ..... because they don't exist. People regularly offer the sellers of these fuses bets, significant money .... if they can show they make an improvement (heck even a change). If they are so dramatic, it should be easy peasy. So why don't they exist?

10-21-2019 7:22pmPseudo skeptics have been using religion, placebo effect, UFOs, alternative medicine, Wine tasting, pharma double-blind testing and other ridiculous examples to try to debunk audiophile devices like fuses, wire directionality and many other controversial things for years. You can’t debunk something that’s not bunk.