Is the moscode 600 a great amplifier?

Hi there,

I'm planing to buy a Moscode 600 power amp. I found a lot of reviews on the web, but they're quite mixed: some are lukewarm if not bad (a reviewer said it's a "low" fi!!), others are nice.
Anyone can tell me his experience with this special amp? In particular, does it really match well with inefficient speakers?

Thanks,

Michaƫl
mcos
Mosfet mist is defined as the veiling of the highs. However when Mosfets are employed in a well engineered product they are extremely good sounding.

Does anyone know what I can buy a cage for a 600 I've just seen one online for sale..its modded but doesn't have a cage...so i'm in two minds as to buy it or just wait for another one to show up with a cage..he also wants $995...which I think might be a little too high with out the cage

Any advice or info would be much appreciated!

I have a fully modified (by George Kaye) NYAL Moscode 600 amplifier that I have owned (and enjoyed) for several years. However, my efforts to contact Mr. Kaye (via email and telephone) of late have repeatedly failed.
Two questions, if I may, for the Moscode aficionados here on Audiogon:1) Where can I obtain a quality tube replacement set for the 600; and2) Should I need service for the amplifier, where may I turn?