Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
I've revised and updated my initial first draft on the Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX power conditioner and SRX power cable, hopefully making it an easier and cleaner read. I'll revisit and continue editing later today.

https://galileopowercellsx.blogspot.com/

The addition of the SR power conditioner and the power cable has enhanced and increased the perceived size of the Nenuphar's. They now present like much larger speakers. I've explained this point within the review.

The preceding post was deleted for duplication reasons.
Hi guys; i own nenuphar since 5 months and they are superb.
system comsists of kassandra ref2 dac+ Server ( coming soon)+ n10 aurender ( a friend loan)+mbl c51 integ.
i have few questions: do these drivers needs much time for burn in?
I changed 2 drivers due to a small issue on one of the drivers( gregorz sent them to me free );and i am burning them with min volume since a week and a half now and they don t seem to open up yet !
One more question; the mbl is here only temporarily,and my final integ will be the aries cerat genus set integrated, but since i can t afford it now, and since i have a top pass lab preamp clone here , i was thinking to start with either x25 or sit 3, may be audio mirror set monos also.
what are your thoughts?
thks
Hi Sasko 

The drivers definitely get better with more playtime and settling as David I’m sure will confirm.

We are getting great synergy with the Bakoon 13R amp, highly recommended. I also recommend the speakers being placed on a well designed isolation device, like Townshend Podiums, see my previous post.

I have just added the Puritan PSM156 mains purifier into our system, resulting in a nice uptick in overall system performance. So three Blue Moon Award components working well together. Srajan knows his stuff. 😁
@sakso136  Which server are you moving to?

Regarding the new driver break in, I'd check with Cube to see if they ran those drivers prior to shipping to you...as that might be a factor.

They should sound good enough as you have a week and a half on them. You could try higher volumes and a break in specific disc / tracks?

Here is a response I sent to @toetapaudio on my personal experience with break in:

"....Cube, if memory serves me, felt a few hours of runtime would be sufficient.

Jon Ver Halen, the US importer, put it at 40 hours or so.

Based on my experience, I peg it at about 150 hours before the Nenuphar start coming into their own. They definitely started sounding better after Jon's recommendation of 40+ hours. So take 40 as a minimum, minimum...with 150 as my personally recommended minimum.

For 'full' break-in around 500 hours for musical beauty, wonder and engagement.

An industry person I respect and who has significant experience tuning analog gear, felt 1000 hours would be needed. I realize 'hours' of burn-in are a hot topic with folks falling on either side of the divide. I took his feedback and pushed for that 1K mark, after which I consider break in to be complete. However, If I were advising, I'd stick to the 500 hours with folks generally being happy with the results post 200 hours."

Cube Mini Nenuphar’s now on demo. These have the 8 inch driver rather than the 10 inch driver and come in a smaller cabinet. I’m very impressed.