Why Do Schumann Resonators Work?

Schumann Resonators are little boxes you plug into the wall that produce electromagnetic radiation tuned to 7.83 Hz. This is the frequency that the earth/atmosphere system “rings” at when the Earth is struck by lightning. It is also a common frequency your brain “ticks” at.

When employed in the listening room, many people claim it makes their audio sound better. If this is true, then what is the mechanism of action?

-Is it a matter of the resonator producing a more relaxed mental state?
-Does it help block or alter electromagnetic interference?
-Does it add its own electromagnetic interference to your system that just so happens to be pleasing?

I experimented with one recently and what I noticed is that it seemed to remove some of the high frequency nasties or what some might call “digital glare” (although digital glare can also show up in analog systems). When I made this observation, the resonator was placed right next to my power strip that my CD player, preamp and some other devices are plugged into.

My “proof” of the effect is that I could turn the volume up louder than usual without it sounding “too loud.” The sound levels of the system weren’t any quieter, it’s just that the digital glare was reduced so that I could go louder before thinking “this is too loud,” which usually isn’t a sound level thing per se but the point as which some frequency (often the highs) become irritating.

So who here has experience with these devices? Do you like them? Does anyone know why they work?
128x128mkgus
You’re right, 7.83 Hz is very far off from most EM “pollution” sources.” I don’t have a good answer for you. The only thing I can do is try to relate it to something similar. Have you ever noticed when you properly set up a subwoofer or two, it’s not just the bass that improves? The audio gets better all the way up and down the frequency spectrum. Yet 50 Hz and 5,000 Hz are no where near each other on the audible frequency spectrum.
The CD plays an acoustic wave of 7.83 Hz. Whereas the frequency generated by the Schumann device and the natural Schumann frequency are both 7.83 Hz, but they are electromagnetic waves. The wavelength of the acoustic 7.83 Hz signal is much, much shorter than the wavelength of the electromagnetic signal which is equal to the circumference of the Earth, I.e., 25,000 miles or whatever. So, back to the question, how do you reckon they get a 7.83 Hz acoustic wave out in the room by playing a CD?
What do you mean “get a wave out into the room?” Are you referring to the room dimensions being much smaller than the wavelength? You don’t need to fit the wave in the room to hear or feel it. If that were the case, you couldn’t have bass in cars, yet the most powerful bass I’ve ever heard was in a car. 
I’m actually referring to the frequency of 7.83 Hz being much lower than speakers can produce. 😳 But now that you ask, here’s another question for you, how does the electromagnetic wave of 25,000 miles fit into the room? 😛
Another puzzler. If the antenna length required for ELF radio frequency of 75 Hz is 20 miles or so, how long is the antenna inside one of those Schumann frequency dumaflaches? 😫