RMAF 2019!

Just got home from a long day at RMAF.  I had a great time!  The venue is spectacular this year but definitely spread out.  Get ready to walk :-)

Some rooms you should check out are (in no particular order):

Vandersteen, Joseph Audio, Salk, Revel, Classe, Jeff Rowland (Vivid Speakers), Kii Audio (Bryston Room), Mark Levinson, YG Acoustics,

There were some I missed and some that I didn’t mention that sounded great but the ones I mentioned above all sounded really nice and are definitely worth checking out.   Hopefully my little list will help someone out Saturday or Sunday.  Enjoy the Show!!
128x128b_limo
@b_limo What did you think of the Vivid speakers? I have heard them demoed with Bryston cubed gear but not Rowland. I know they were demoed in Munich with Rowland. Any comparison of the Vivid to your favorite speakers at the show.
So take this for what it is, I heard Giyas before and they didn’t grab ahold of me.  It may have been the associated equipment or maybe my tastes have changed a little, not sure.

The Kayas this year sounded really dang good.  I do love Jeff Rowland equipment and it seems to always have a delicate, refined sound with plenty of guts.  Rowland gear my is some of my favorite.  This room was in my top 5.

I saw so many rooms, its hard to remember everything.  I feel like I heard the Kayas in a room before Rowland and they sounded as good... were there Kayas in another room?

If I rated the rooms:
-Alsyvox
-Joseph Audio
-Revel
-Vivid
-YG

I missed some rooms though.  Nola was one...

The Rowland room was really narrow but deep.  The Vivids were pulled way out from the front wall pretty far.  They had one of the deepest / most holographic soundstages I’ve experienced.  

On a side note, the Paradigm Personas that I have loved since day 1 were falling short when compared to the above speakers...  I have heard personas on many occasions with different equipment in many rooms and loved them.  I guess I just needed some Joseph Audios for perspective, no pun intended.
I basically agree with this list (although not the order), with one exception, although I didn't get close to listening to very room. Instead of the Revel room, I would replace it with Goebel/CH Precision/Kronos/Nordost room.
Yeah, I forgot to mention Goebel.  They sounded great as well.  

There was a lot of good sounding rooms to me this year.  I was pleasantly surprised by the all McIntosh room too.  Those speakers sounded good to me as well.

I was actually offered to take the Goebels for free if I was able to move them out of the room by myself... I have a bad back so I wasn’t able to move them.  I think they are close to 1,000lbs 😵
I really enjoyed RMAF as well.  I REALLY liked the new venue+++

The one that surprised me was the Boenicke W8's.  I hate tweeky stuff but wow these little guys really fill a room with beautiful sound!