wilsom MAXX3 or Evolution Acoustics MMThree ?

Has anyone had actuall experience (shows, dealers, home, ownership...) with both of them to have comparative recommendation. Thinking of changing my Wilson MAXX2, and while I`m not sure if i`m doing the right thing, considering the price differences, those two speakers seems to be a natural replacements. But, I have no experience with any of them, and my dealers do not hold them, so help is needed. Thank you.
papaya
The MM2's certainly get me salivating! Wish I could fit them into my budget.
Ed and JTinn, look up the wave length of a 20hz bass note.. I think you will find that the effect of trying to reproduce low end notes in a small space is to fall off the propagation of the wave of the note. This is akin to the effect that one hears when you are several feet away from the car with booming subwoofers...you can hear and feel the note far more in fact than the driver of the offending vehicle.
Additionally, you are artificially damping the wave from the speaker with your couch, thereby altering the note and probably diminishing it as well. Which all leads me to my conclusion as to why Ed has been so unhappy with his bottom end reproduction... Frankly, I am amazed that he is pleased now! I wander if you had a more appropriate sized speaker on stands that could span the couch height what you would think then!
Janeb,

the MAXX3 is a rear ported speaker; the Evolution Acoustics MM3 and MM2 have a sealed box with a powered subwoofer and many bass adjustments.

a rear ported speaker is definitely more limited in set-up choices than a powered sealed box with many adjustments.

looking at Eddie's room the closeness of the rear wall is likely more significant to the MAXX3 and it's ultimate bass performance than the furniture has for either speaker.

i have opinions on the quality of the bass from both speakers in general due to this differing design approach, but that's for another time.
Janeb: Please re-read my post. I think you missed my question. It was:

"With all due respect, how can you know Ed's room is "waaay too small?" He never even posted his dimensions."

Your response was:
"I think you will find that the effect of trying to reproduce low end notes in a small space is to fall off the propagation of the wave of the note."

You keep talking about small spaces, which his is not. If I am misunderstanding you, please let me know.
Hi guys this thread seems to be a debate about Eddies set-up etc. but if you re-read the opening thread by Papaya who already owns MAXX2's and looking for advise, I don't read anywhere mentioned of any issues etc.

Papaya if you refer to my threads that's my best advise for you.

Everyone is going to have an opinion and in the end that's really all it is their opinion which is fine, enjoy which ever journey it may be you choose as I do with my MBL 101E's.