MQA?

On my digital side I have an Aurender W20 server with a Metrum pavane level III DAC.    When I stream music I am using the HiFi TIDAL. The Metrum has an option of purchasing a card that I would install to add MQA capabilities. From what I have read there is some controversy as to whether MQA is a positive or negative to the sound of digital. I was interested in thoughts on whether I should add the module. 
rbodner
MQA is a marketing ploy. No one needs it, but since it generates lots of profit it won’t die. There is no issue streaming hi rez files anymore. That’s the problem MQA is supposed to solve. So to continue the ploy they tell you that compressing the data and then decompressing it with their special technique somehow enhances the sound quality. It’s now better than the original. They can’t prove it, but people somehow believe it. And billions will be pocketed by the people behind MQA. Yes, I’m jealous I didn’t think of it first. 
MQA just adds distortion. The original full resolution version of any digital file (same master) always sounds better because they are lossless. MQA claims are entirely false.
@vinylfan62 my favorite is the people like you...Are you really that bored in your mom's basement that you feel that need to chime into a discussion you have no part in?? You're lucky I'm giving you the time of day....dork....what else do you have to say???
I confess I have no idea whether MQA itself is good or bad, but my only music source on all of my systems is Tidal streaming, and so therefore the only way I can hear music above FLAC quality is via Tidal Masters which necessarily involves MQA. 

So I guess technically I should amend my comments in this thread that what really sounds good to me on my reference system is Tidal Masters via MQA, whether or not the MQA itself plays a positive or negative role in the music rendering.  Either way, definitely better than straight up Tidal 16/44 flac for me on my main system.