Why According to some Turntable extremists Pitch Control and Direct Drive is Sacrilege?

Why shouldnt perfect direct drive speed and pitch control be part of an Audiophile turntable system.  Not having pitch control is like missing a stereo mono switch.
Every high end turntable should have pitch control. 
vinny55
What matters is to listen to a wide variety of turntables of all types, carefully and for extended periods of time in one's own home on one's own carefully selected system, and thereby to decide what sounds best to one's own ears.  That process in reality never ends. If you have honestly taken on that task, then there are no explanations necessary. And this thread is a waste of time, although it is a credit to Vinnie, who definitely knows how to start an argument and now must be laughing his ass off.

For every pro and con in favor of one drive method, there is a complementary pro and con for either of the others.  The matter cannot and should not be expected to reach absolute conclusions and certainly not through verbal debate.  If you think you own the one and only absolute truth, you've missed the point.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

This!

Well said.

And currently setting up to  explore exactly that.

Nottingham Spacedeck for belt drive.
Lenco L78 for idler drive
Victor tt81 for DD.

Going to be a long haul......
That will only tell you which of those particular 3 you like best.  It won't give you an answer that is broadly applicable overall, because there is no way to do that in a finite lifespan.  That was my main point. Be sure to keep tonearm and cartridge constant, if at all possible.
Have to start somewhere as reading and others views can only take one so far.

But yes I do get your point.

So much to try, so little time to do so.
@uberwaltz im a big lenco fan so carry on with the lenco crusade. I beleive 75 is the best turntable ever made id put it up against emt sota vpi linn or technics or any overrated overcost piece of junk garage made belt driven obscure motor pump pulling toothfloss belt turntable.