Should I keep the Turntable or sell it?

I’ve been back and forth on this decision for about a month, and the more I learn, the harder this decision gets.

Backstory: I won the brand new Cambridge Audio Alva TT turntable in an online contest in mid-May, and while it sounds great, I decided to list it for sale a couple weeks ago. I’ve always wanted to try out a Rega P6 or P3 with a really nice cart, because I feel like I’m not getting enough out of my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. Prior to winning the Alva TT, I switched the Red Ortofon out for the Blue, and there was a great improvement in sound quality. But after comparing the Pro-Ject to the Alva TT and hearing what a $1700 turntable can sound like, I definitely am interested in exploring more high fidelity turntables. The issue is that I feel like I prefer the sound of tubes over solid state, and the Alva TT uses an integrated Alva Duo phono preamp for the RCA out, and their own DAC for the Bluetooth out if I want to go that route. I don’t have a ton of experience with tubes, and maybe it’s just the “cool factor” I actually like and I’m just having a placebo effect.

So I decided to list it for sale to try and get a Rega, because I heard so many great things about them. But over the last week or so, I’ve learned more about the Alva TT and how it uses Rega’s famous tonearm. I looked up the cart and it is listed at $500 separately, which is probably why it sounds better than the Pro-Ject w/ Ortofon Blue. I’ve also read on these boards about direct drive being better than belt, which the Alva has as well. It also has the added bonus of Bluetooth that go directly to my KEF LS50 Wireless, but I would most likely just use interconnects.

So I would love to get some advice from you all. I’ve gone back and forth about keeping the Alva or selling it, along with my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, and buying/trading for something like a Rega P3 or P6. If you had my first world problem, what would you do?
bignamehere
I had a direct drive turntable for many years and decided to try a VPI Cliffwood which I love. I will eventually upgrade the cartridge. I'm not a big fan of Bluetooth sound. I briefly had a NAD integrated amp with its BluOS system and it didn't sound well at all. Anyway, best of luck! 
There's been some nice affordable suggestions here for both belt and DD turntables.

I did notice that most, especially the BD's do not have on-the-fly VTA. 

Yes, they're adjustable using an allen wrench but who wants that?  Once you have on-the-fly VTA there's no turning back.
There are many theories to turntable design, but they have to be implemented correctly for good results.  Many people view Rega as dinky 'tables, but they are lightweight and stripped-down, like a Formula 1 Race car.  And their performance sounds that way - fast and dynamic with good timing - which appeals to many.  A lot of the higher mass turntables are more like a Mercedes-Benz, which is a different kind of excellence than a race car.  If you find that you like the virtues of a Rega 'table, it is hard to find those virtues in a comparably-priced high-mass 'table.  The Acoustic Signature WOW series of 'tables come to mind, however.

Rega do make high-end products, but they have a certain mindset that gets a little extreme with what they will and won't compromise on their pricier 'tables.  I think some things, like a felt mat, do not belong on a high-end product.  But there are many aftermarket mats that are not overly costly.  Because Rega 'tables are modular and among the best-selling (with a large fan base), there are many aftermarket modifications that allow one to start with an entry-level Rega and improve the performance considerably.  This adds cost over time, and you can more than double the cost of a Planar 3, but some people enjoy the tweaking and incremental upgrades.

The RB300 series of arms have been one of the best-selling high-end audio products of all time.  Especially during the lull in vinyl sales when it did not make sense for boutique manufacturers to invest in creating their own tonearm offerings, many turntables resorted to using a Rega arm, or offering it as an option.  

The Ortofon 2M series will work fine with a Rega if you use tonearm spacers.  They are a popular replacement for the Rega cartridges.  In my experience, they are more detailed and refined than the Rega MMs, but not as dynamic.

You will know what you like when you hear it, whether it's a Rega or a Technics, or something else.  It's like Mercedes, BMW, and Audi - they are not the same, and if you have the chance to test-drive comparable cars from all three manufacturers, you will find that one just speaks to you in a way the others don't.
Cartridges mate with tonearms, not with turntables.  You can use any cartridge you like with any turntable, so long as the tonearm is a good match to the cartridge.  And the matching only starts with determining the resonant frequency.  Beyond that, there is a certain black art to a synergistic matching of tonearm and cartridge. A lot of trial and error.  But you'll only preceive "error" if and when you have implemented a few different tonearms with the same cartridge.  You don't have to go that far to enjoy analog, but it's a fun journey if you do.