Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy
Doug, fun beyond belief! I mean they are just cables right? I was never of the thought that cables could bring a system to this level until this.

How about Teo double/double speaker cables? I believe you might have tried this? LOL
Flat4,  I enjoy tuning rigs with power cords. I can do so precisely by selecting particular ones.

I haven't tried the Double Double yet. I plan on it.  :) A lot happening. 
Several years ago I sold off my big rig and downsized because of shifting financial sands. My system is still beyond what a "normal" person might consider reasonable, but here, among my peeps, you know what I mean. I've felt a little put off by it's sound, but have really learned to sit with it instead of obsessing over the next improvement and stop listening so much to the equipment instead of the music. It was a strange moment to have obvious defiicits in sound point out that I had forgot to relax and enjoy the tunes!

SO, the Schroeder method was doubly (triply?) welcomed by ratcheting way up the sound of my system, satisfying my tweaky pull and really making listening to the tunes through this system insanely fun and deeply satisfying. It took a while for the Audio Sensibility Impact SE's and the cables to settle in, but now the soundstage, imaging, detail and (most importantly for me) round, involving presence is SO improved that I can't wait to get home and listen and I don't feel like I've sold myself short with my 'downsize'. I guess I'm grateful that I had to downsize to get back to the tunes and the Schroeder method came to my attention when I could settle into it...and for the method itself, of course.

It's an odd impetus to feel like analysis of a new tweak is more like pulling out the red pen and looking for what might not be working or what could be better rather than what's improved. That's never my intention, but often where I end up. The improvements with this tweak are not subtle and range from the describable to the ineffable where words fail and only emotion from an experience, identified and shared by others, can "descibe" it.

Thanks, Doug, you (and this) rock.

FWIW:
Audio Sensibility Impact SE's
w/ Gabriel Gold Rapture r 's CD/DAC ( Cary 306/200) to Integrated (VPI 299D)
w/ Twisted Pair Designs Ascents Phono Pre (AES PH-1 modded to DJH) to Integrated

An aside - Art Almstead has been an OEM cable maker over his garage for many cable companies for inexpensive to very expensive boutique partners and hand makes Twisted Pair cables that are really remarkable in that disappearing, no signal loss or sonic signature way - not too pricey and....welllll...awesome!
http://www.twisted-pair-design.com/
budburma, that is a most lovely description of the benefits of Schroeder Method; thank you!  :)  I am elated that people are benefitting from the Method. You are testimony to the fact that it does not require an outlandish system, nor expensive cabling to obtain the benefit. (That being said, I have found correlation between the quality of the IC used in doubling and the quality of the end result, as would be expected.) 

What's really shocking about the Method is that for decades everyone has been captive to a method that is simply impoverished. Single IC imo is pretty poor, now that it becomes clear that there is a vastly superior alternative. The difference is anything but subtle, and shows how critical cabling is for systems. I think this would be the ultimate convincing proof of the importance of cables, if hobbyists would bother to try it. That is especially so since theorists disdain it, as though nothing good could come out of it. That makes the Schroeder Method all the sweeter as a victory for obtaining superior sound.  :) 

I also have shown quite convincingly that the notion of certain supposedly superior designs in components which are thought to be insensitive to cables is erroneous. Repeatedly we have digital fans declaring that products like the Benchmark DACs, etc. are not influenced much/at all by cables. That has not been my experience. Even the Exogal Comet, which is supposed to be completely immune to such things because the proprietary signal processing makes a new waveform is very influenced by the ICs. From the source I swap between the Audio Sensibility Schroeder Method ICs and the double ICs I have built with the Audio Sensibility Y Cables and the Clarity Cable Organic ICs - and the difference is obvious, like changing the dimming settings on lights in the room. 

BTW, Blessed Father's Day!