What is the least compressed signal?

Hello everyone.I was wondering what everyone's thoughts might be about what is the least compressed front end signal? A friend of mine recently told me that radio signal is compressed. So I thought maybe a direct connection to a CD player? Or, since CDs are pretty compressed, maybe a record player? Thoughts?
the reason I ask is, my friend recently gave me a fantastic pair of speakers. And I've been listening to the radio through them. He had a disgusted look on his face and told me I was not using these speakers how they were meant to be used, because the radio signal is kind of crappy and compressed. I would love to use the speakers as they were intended. Meadowlark kestrel hot rods hooked up to an Integra receiver w/ kimbers
ddjr
     I agree, if readers here can't even agree that CDs generally have compressed dynamics mainly due to the Loudness Wars, and conscious decisions made by the recording engineers to compromise good dynamics for higher volume, then we either all go in for a group ear exam or we concede the obvious.
     CD as a format is still capable of recording and playing back musical content in high fidelity and with very good dynamics.  However, a sustained pattern of self-inflicted extremely poor executive decisions likely have damaged the general perception of the quality of CDs to such a degree that the whole format may just fade away due to disuse.  I know I've already moved on to 24bit/96KHz direct to digital recorded files that haven't been screwed up..... yet.

Tim  
noble100
... if readers here can't even agree that CDs generally have compressed dynamics mainly due to the Loudness Wars, and conscious decisions made by the recording engineers to compromise good dynamics for higher volume, then we either all go in for a group ear exam or we concede the obvious ...
That won't be necessary - there's only one person here who insists:
CDs do have better dynamic range and that's just a fact.
I'm not sure why he's so confused and refuses to look at the extensive evidence to the contrary. But that's no cause for alarm.
CD as a format is still capable of recording and playing back musical content in high fidelity and with very good dynamics.
Agreed! That's why the present state of affairs with CD is kinda sad. It just isn't necessary. Hence, LP and hi-res seem to flourish.
Post removed 
Looks like this calls for a team of experienced deprogrammers. Out Satan, out!! All you youngins out there, this is an excellent example of the Backfire Effect - no matter how much evidence is presented that contradicts closely held beliefs, the person clings to those beliefs even harder than before. There’s nothing that can be done. Well, short of an intervention or exorcism. Maybe there’s a Recovery Centers of America nearby.
kosst_amojan
What extensive evidence? The evidence you and Geoff keep citing I debunked? That miserably flawed, unscientific evidence ...
Kosst, I’d ask why you are so angry and argumentative, but you’ve already answered the question. I feel badly for you and wish you peace.

kosst_amojan06-14-2019 4:05am
Kosst doesn’t have a wife. Kosst went through two. One went to prison for attempted murder. The other died a year and half ago of a heroin overdose. Kosst is a single dad of a 15 year old daughter and wouldn’t get married again