High quality in-wall UL-C2 rated 10-gauge A/C wiring ?

I am looking to re-wire my listening area front-wall with a dedicated A/C circuit using 10-gauge UL-C2 rated in-wall wiring.  I know Audience makes a high-quality one however I didn't want to pay $26/foot.  I would need ~60-ft.  I've already purchased two high-quality A/C receptacles and wanted to do 10-gauge to them from a dedicated breaker.  
Anyone have any experience with this or know of other mfg's of 10-gauge A/C UL-C2 wiring ?

Thanks !
128x128liquidsound
ieales

356 posts
06-10-2019 1:46pm

Table 310.15(B)(16):
60°C 75°C 90°C
TW THWN THHN
14ga 15A 20A 25A

Encore Wire NM-B : Color-coded Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) compound meeting the required thickness of Type THHN or THWN-2 with a heat-stabilized Nylon jacket rated for 90°C in dry locations.
https://www.encorewire.com/wp-content/uploads/EncoreWire-NMB.pdf

The NEC de-rates 14ga to 15A per circuit by breaker.

Table 310.15(B)(2)(b) allows increasing a 90°C current rating by 14% below 25°C in some installation types.

The bottom line is 14ga is not going to starve the typical HiFi.

What will gum up the works are ’sh.tty’ daisy chain ’quick-connects’ so typical of modern construction.
None of your post addresses Voltage drop.

You throw out a Link for NM-B and disregard the footnotes below the chart. Did you even check them out?

Here is some reading material for you.
https://www.ecmag.com/section/codes-standards/sizing-conductors-0

What will gum up the works are ’sh.tty’ daisy chain ’quick-connects’ so typical of modern construction.
But don’t worry the wire is rated for 20 amps. As long as the insulation is rated 75C, and all of the termination connections are rated 75C.  No need to worry about VD, Voltage Drop, for what ever reason on the branch circuit. The 15 amp circuit breaker will pass a continuous load of 15 amps all day long without tripping. If the Voltage is bouncing around due to a power amplifier being driven hard playing a high dynamic music source Just blame the distortion heard solely on the amplifier.

Food for thought. When using the formula for single phase voltage drop on a circuit the temperature rating for the insulation covering of the wire is not part of the equation.
Example:
http://www.adamselectric.coop/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Voltage-Drop.pdf
We're getting lost in the weeds. 14ga wire will power most any HiFi without any problems providing the wiring is up to snuff.

Most modern houses have ’sh.tty’ daisy chain ’quick-connects’  and a
fancy power cable at the end of a series of ’sh.tty’ daisy chain ’quick-connects’ ain't gonna do jack. 

Just FYI, I removed all the ’sh.tty’ daisy chain ’quick-connects’  in my house [100s of them] because they eff-up everything from my espresso machines, to our waffle makers, to the missus iron, blow-dryer, etc.

I had a 3v drop form one side of our media room to the other just due to the ’sh.tty’ daisy chain ’quick-connects’  on a lightly loaded HT circuit.

Removed the oxidation, and screwed the terminals down gas tight and now nary a VD to be found.

PAX
@ieales - I disagree.  I did testing with a double-run of 14awg romex (that's 2x14awg which makes an 11awg total).  The result was just not as good as a standard 12awg or 10awg romex.  The smaller 14awg just cannot respond to on-demand current as well as the larger awg romex.
Post removed 
About 4 months ago I ran 2 runs (40' each) of the Audience Hidden Treasure in-wall AC cable to my system. I paid $18 per foot for it and used 2 Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) outlets. Audience is located in San Diego, Ca. and I live in Los Angeles, Ca. Big step up from the standard #12 wire I had replaced. Very expensive but if you don't have a long run it's worth considering.