I'm having a really hard time with: "Power cable reduced my soundstage"...

My good friend that is in the business and very very knowledgeable calmed that a well made 10ga power cable reduced his soundstage... I'm not saying it will or won't but why would it? I would like to know the science behind this. I did research on here but not satisfied. I had a pair of Logans and they were wonderful and I used stock power cables and the stage was crazy... I have been making cables for years ( musician ) and know the value on quality... what is the magic?
128x128captbeaver
Thank you. Lots of great info here.

My McIntosh amp has a permanently attachehed power cable that is a off the shelf product. Is their design faulty? Are they not giving you the full amp? Seems they would know about this magic 4 feet...lol
As fate would have it Amplifier designers are almost always the last to know. No one seems to know why but they don’t ever get the memos everyone else does. You know, power cords, fuses, directionality, things of that nature. I guess with a few exceptions they’re not what we call forward thinkers.
I am sooooo glad I was dumb and not doing it correctly all these years I was enjoying my amazing stereos. I am however having a blast making solid power and speaker cables.
As long as you’re happy that’s really what counts. 🙄 If a lot of the early wagon train pioneers didn’t give up half way during their trip West there wouldn’t be anybody living in the Midwest. 😀
Maybe they went all the way and turned around in Cali. To get better house prices in the Midwest.