Magnepan 1.7

Anyone actually got their hands on these yet? What is is your opinion/experience after hearing these in your home. What about placement issues? I am thinking about buying these. Thanks.
darkkeys
Post removed 
If you think of them as MG1.6 'improved' I don't think you can go too far wrong.

As for amps / placement / setup, they are still Magnepan which means lots of space in back of 'em and sufficient quality power. Details count here.....

They will NOT be a wacky load, though I haven't seen any measurements, but if they follow Magnepan history, and MG1.6 practice, they will NOT have any dips in impedance and will also not have any phase angle issues. Any amp of good quality into 4ohms will work. Now, that being said, more power is indicated into large rooms and higher desired loudness. My MG1.6s with a 4 amp mid/tweet fuse make good use of ICE power 500ASP modules though I have not redlined it....ever. Those days are gone!
A couple of friends and I auditioned the 1.7s in Austin last weekend. We all had the same conclusion; a rather cold and sterile sounding speaker. Probably more detailed than the 1.6s they replaced (we've all owned the MMS, MG 12s, 1.6s and the 3 series before so have a lot of experience with Maggies) but not musically involving. Hard to put a finger on it. Could have been the room or associated electronics but definitely advise auditioning before buying.
Texas42

Are you or any of your friends dealers or have any commercial affiliations by any chance?
No, I am not a dealer, etc. I am on a quest for better speakers to complement the rest of my system. Therefore, my question.