The music’s the thing but....

Yes, the music is the thing.  But before we became engrossed in this crazy hobby, it was the ONLY thing.  Now, I can’t listen to music on my system without the SOUND entering into the equation.  Unless it’s a patently historic recording, or mono, my enjoyment of the music is tempered by what the sound is like.  That was never the case before.  I can’t seem to enjoy the music if the sound isn’t right.  What a pity that is.
The music should come first, but unfortunately, it doesn’t.
 If I’m listening on a car radio or something, the problem doesn’t exist.
 Zoom, right to the music!
Such is the nature of our obsession.
128x128rvpiano
Remember Christmas and the excitement? Ever notice how the new affects everyone and then gradually wears off?

When I was younger car stereo was everything, as I aged I found myself listening less and less to the car radio although I do not spend the time I use to on the road.

With the home system, internet radio or FM stays in the back ground. Those moments I decide to listen to something of my choosing, I now find myself with a smile and quite satisfied with what I have. No more chasing tweaks, unless of course, I run across something at a price I cannot pass up...*chuckles

I’ve never been in "sound prison" with the exception of HEA Shows. I think the sound is terrible at these trade shows. I’m always amazed at the reporting that comes in about HEA Trade Shows and their sound, yikes!

You know who else never liked the sound at the trade shows? JGH. Funny funny man when it came to his behind the scenes comments.

mg

The fact is most people dont know what is a minimally natural or minimally musical sound, they are perpetually unsatisfied...The hyped of marketing is their guide...When you have a minimally musical audio system, you forget the sound most of the times for the music...I dont think it is possible now to upgrade at a reasonable cost...In the one thousand dollars sphere radius for the cost of all my gear, it will be impossible to really upgrade my actual choosen components...They are the best for the money and with adequate tweaks,better than some costly system... I remember before my tweaks I was very unsatisfied with the same gear and I look for all upgrade possible...Now I smile when I read about any product I cannot afford, because yes, I dream of it,but no, I am not frustrated that I cannot buy it...I smile because I have music for a low cost and I am proud of me and I love the sound of my system... Not the best in absolute term,but the best I know of at this price...And music is musically perceived with it... Even my wife who hates my obsession admit it ...