Benchmark AHB2 Amplifier, opinions and competition

I just ordered the Benchmark AHB2 amplifier.  
I would appreciate any comments on this amp from users, or any opinions of competing amps in the $2000-$3000 range.
My speakers are the GoldenEar Triton 1’s.  Preamp: Conrad Johnson PV11 modified with Teflon caps.
128x128rvpiano
I have asked Benchmark to put their new preamp + DAC + amp under a single chassis. I did not like the DAC3 driving the volume on my AHB2. The new preamp is supposed to be an improvement over the DAC3 volume. I hope to see a Benchmark integrated in the future.
An end-to-end Benchmark could easily be the most accurate reproduction you can get, but if you have a warm fuzzy love of a bunch of pop/rock albums from your life, you may not like what it reveals.  It's kinda the opposite of the Enya effect.  That is, if you play an Enya track on a hyper-revealing system it strips away the fog that contributes to her product.  I'm a great fan of Benchmark technology, but it can be pearls before swine of existing recordings.  It's the audiophile dilemma of whether a system gets so good that you need to feed it audiophile recordings.
I, too, was worried about the “laser” effect of the Benchmark when I read the reviews. But, with a tubed Conrad-Johnson preamp no such problem exists.
Also, my Schiit Gumby DAC is somewhat more forgiving than some others.
So, the result is sharp and detailed yet sweet without being harsh even on non -audiophile recordings.
Synergy is almost everything.  Years ago, with far inferior equipment, I got a sound not too dissimilar to what I’m getting now because all components perfectly matched each other.
 Now, of course is better, but the point is I was without a balanced system for years because of “upgrading.”  Finally found the right combination again.