Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
I never said it wasn’t physical or electrical. But that’s not what you asked. You asked what I meant by directionality. You have to know how to ask the right question. Follow? Besides this has been covered ad nauseam on many many threads. Let your fingers do the walking. 
Wolfie complains about facts. That’s rich. He wouldn’t know a fact if it came up and bit him on the rump.
I'm going to make a video later on this week with a GOM-804 on a 250ft spool of canare l-4e6s and post it here. Why the GOM-804? So Geoff can't argue the meter wasn't accurate enough. Can't get my hands on it until Thursday morning.
Hey, Moops! When did you get out? Thanks for the mention, I’m thinking of promoting you to associate shill.