Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
@tweak1 

You can't have it both ways. The current either flows both ways without which cable capacitance wouldn't exist, another one of your major concerns. This is 7th grade physics for those of us that actually went to school.
astelmaszek83 posts03-07-2019 12:01pm@geoffkait

Take the case for two wires connected to a speaker, + and -. When the current travels toward the speaker on one wire it travels the opposite direction on the other wire. And vice versa.

You have no idea what you are talking about. How do you think the woofer moves back? Which way do the electrons "flow" then? Take a quick look at a audio wave. Ever noticed it has a negative side? It’s called AC for a reason. Ever heard of balanced amplifiers: there is no ground.

>>>>>First of all electrons don’t flow. In an AC circuit electrons are essentially at a standstill. You’re not even warm yet. Nice to see you went to 7th grade. How about 8th grade? Current flow through both + and - speaker terminals. It alternates. That’s why if you reverse the + and - cables the speakers will still play music but Polarity is Reverse from what they were before you reversed + and -. There is no ground. Duh!

“If I could explain it to the average person they wouldn’t have given me the Nobel prize.”
@geoffkait 

Actually, sunshine, in case of a regular amp, there is a ground. Go grab a multimeter and test between "-" speaker terminal and the case. You'll get a reading close of zero. But what do I know, having only have designed, produced and coded hundreds of different devices. Anybody here can do this with their amp.

And why do you think I put flow in quotes. 

Now, there will be no case to "-" connection on for example Luxman M900 amp, as it is a fully differential amplifier.

Now, I looked you up, I finally realize why you spew this crap: you sell magic to believers.
You’re not paying attention. God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. 
Dude, you sell bags of rocks to attach to interconnect cables. I'm done here. For a while I thought I was just dealing with a few misinformed/undereducated individuals. Now I realize I'm dealing delusions.