Silverline Minuet Speakers and Receivers or Amps

I recently read a review of the Minuets where the reviewer felt that the Minuets "did not like receivers". I am not all that informed on the subject of audiofidelity and was wondering how a speaker might differentiate between the power source in a receiver versus the power source of an amplifier and how that would impact the sound quality. The reason I ask is that I am trying to chase down a pair of Minuets to use with my Harman Kardon HK 3490 receiver. Any insight would be most appreciated.
mntnman62
With 3 different types of Silverline speakers on hand, Sonata IIIs, SR 15, and a Center stage HT loudspeaker, I've ran them all at various times using two different recievers.

A 10 YEAR OLD Sony STRV 444 ES, (110WPC @8), AND THE MORE CURRENT Onkyo TX SR 805, which has a little more power at (130-140wpc @ 8), at low levels, and mid levels, in small rooms and mid sized rooms, with no real issues to speak of here.

Some have been driven by amps with as little as 60 wpc and again, with no concerns.

RWV of course, and tone, integration into the room, and user preffs will have some affect on how one likes or dislikes their end results, but I can say without mitigating a thing, they don't dislike these two recievers I own, or any of the 3 other amps I own as well..

I will say this... and I suppose it applies to the largest portion of speakers in general, serving them good power in sufficient amounts will broaden the smile on your face. It's really an either or situation IMHO. Very good adequate power, 60-120, or a good bit of it, 150-200.

They're also honest enough to enable the owner to determine any upstream changes too. Hopefully the Minuets will be as easy to accomodate as have been other Silverline speakers I've experienced first hand. If they're virgin speakers, be paitient. it'll be a while for 'em to flesh out and really perform.

Enjoy.
Thanks for everyone's insight. I truly can't wait for them to get here. I thought I would give you the link to the "review". Clearly he made a blind statement without providing any basis for the statement.

http://www.soundstageav.com/onhifi/20080301.htm
Well, I went a head and ordered the Minuets. They ship out today. Hope to have them by the weekend. Can't wait to hook them up and see how they sound.
If they are new just remember there will be a break in period;I don't know what that would be for this manufacturer perhaps a user will give you some idea of break in time;enjoy the purchase.