TV power cords; Money well spent, or money wasted?

Hi Folks,

First, A happy, healthy, and abundant New Years to all (where abundant = any tangible, or intangible, that you either need, or desire).

I just purchased a new Sony Z5100 TV:
Bravia 3 engine (whatever that is)
240hz refresh
10 bit panel
TV is networked
Sony N460 Blu-ray

Shunyata SR-Z1 outlet-->Audience au24 "e" pc-->PS Audio Quintet.

My questions: Would it be qualitatively beneficial to upgrade from the TV's stock pc? If yes, have you any suggestions for an appropriately priced pc for the setup that I currently have.

As always, any and all input is appreciated.
Gary
neutron
My Sony XBR flat panel didn't come with any rabbit ears or 99¢loop antenna to modify.Maybe its time for them to upgrade the warranty info.
I also have a Sony "Z" series LCD. I have tried several upgraded power cords and have noticed very minor improvements such as slightly enhanced detail and slightly improved color brightness and richness. The improvement is so slight, I would not spend much money on another cord for this purpose. Where I spent money and noticed a significant improvement was on my HDMI cable. I purchased 2 Wegrzyn Silver HDMI's and was very pleased. Sharper, brighter image with much improved color and detail. Since the HDMI also carries the audio signal, I was greatly surprised and happy that there too was a significant improvement. I have them hooked to my satellite receiver and Blu-ray player. I was previously using Monoprice HDMI's which are certainly a steal for the $ and definitely no slouch but the Wegrzyn is surprisingly better.

Believe me, the HDMI would be the better choice to spend the money but if you have an inexpensive aftermarket power cord laying around, use it too.

Happy listening (and viewing).....
One thing you might try is buying a Pangea AC14 power cord from Audio Advisor. I bought one to try on my Sony LCD and find that it provides a slight improvement in definition and depth of color. The Pangea cord is inexpensive and fits nicely in the limited space for connection on the Sony.

After reading your responses, I'm getting the overall impression that purchasing a higher quality pc may add some additional benefit by way of brightness and detail, but that I would be better served taking that money, and channelling it (pun intended) into higher quality HDMI's. I'll start there, as I currently have a new DH Labs Silver Sonics. I may just pick up a pangea, to see if there is noticeable affect with my panel.

Thanks again for your input folks. As always, your experience and perspective is highly appreciated.

Gary