Single-ended vs. Balanced input for Pass Labs XA30.8 (input will be a Golden Gate DAC)

I'm seriously considering getting a Lampizator Golden Gate DAC (with volume control) and it would go directly into my amp (Pass Labs XA30.8). I will be placing the DAC very close to the amp and use a high quality interconnect between the units. The interconnect will about 2 feet long.

Now I need to decide if I should get a balanced or single ended Golden Gate DAC. The obvious benefit of single ended is that it is a lot cheaper, and trying out new tubes will be a lot cheaper.

I often hear people saying that Pass Labs amps sound better when using balanced inputs (from a true balanced source) rather than single ended inputs.

I would love to get impressions of people that have tried out both single ended and balanced inputs into Pass amps. Is there really a sonic advantage to balanced even for short runs with high quality interconnects? If you have tried both, how much of a difference do you hear?

Another option is to get a single ended Golden Gate DAC without a volume control and connect it to a high quality balanced preamp. However, from the discussions that I have read on the forums, it sounds like I would need a really expensive preamp to sound better than the Golden Gate's volume control, which would defeat the purpose. So, I would like to avoid this option. Moreover, I personally have not found a preamp that I have loved (although what I have tried is at a very different price point). I currently have a Benchmark DAC3. I have tried a (PS Audio BHK Signature, Schiit Freya, and Linear Tube Audio MircoZotl preamp). All had some advantages, but in all cases, I much preferred the Benchmark plugged in directly to the amp.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
strats
strats
Both DAC’s were connected to a Pass preamp with 1 meter Shunyata interconnects. Pass literature recommends a balanced connection. The Luxman padded their outputs for the same voltage but the Bryston had double the voltage on balanced lines both claimed to be fully differential balanced units.  I do not know if the Lampy has a voltage differential balanced or if the increased voltage is necessary.
I have a Pass Labs XA30.8 and see they recommend balanced cables.

I am using RCA interconnects as I have high-quality silver RCA cables and they sound superb. I use the Pass labs XP12 (and have a loan XP22 here) and I can I use balanced cables from my DAC (Audionote DAC4.1x) into the Pass preamp. My preference is for the RCA cables as the interconnects are much better quality than my balanced (Nordost and TA).

The pass preamps work really well into their power amp, which is not surprising.  I guess it depends on the price difference but in my case, the difference between the AN4.1 DAC balanced vs RCA is not sufficient to make me want to use balanced.
With Pass XA60.5 using the balanced input vs the single ended is quite a noticeable difference. More space around instruments/individuals and more depth to the room.
Thanks for all the responses! This is very helpful. 

@georgesallit325, I considered the option of a single ended DAC into an XP12 and then going balanced from there to the amp. That could still be an option. I'm just concerned that it might not reach the level of the Lampi's volume control. It sounds like you have had a good experience with it though. How does the XP22 compare to the XP12? I would love to get some impressions. There seems to be very little about this comparison online.

@david_ten , my speakers are Pure Audio Project Trio 15s with Voxativ PiFe wood drivers. The input to my DAC is from a Signature Rendu SE.