Which area of components to spend the most $ on? Boy I was wrong all my life!

I have been an audio junkie for about 25 years. All those years, I have read plenty of discussion posts and recommendations where to spend the most money on. The majority, even the experts recommend to spend the most money on speakers. Up to as high as 60% of the total budget.Example: CEO of PS Audio-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwL7vPkPhg
I believed this all my life. Today, my eyes are opened. My total budget is about $15K.Before today, my system was:Speakers-Revel F36 Concerta 2 (For the money, this is the best speakers I’ve heard. I like it more than my previous Dynaudio Contour 30)Integrated Amp-Marantz PM-10 (Class D, balanced, 400wpc at 4ohms)CD Player-Oppo UDP 205 & Marantz CD 6005 (Some of the best in class)Line conditioner-Furman Elite PFi 15Cables-Kimber 8TC Speaker Cables (Sorry, not a cable nut. I’d rather spend money elsewhere)
I upgraded my front end CD player to... Marantz SA-11S3. I was BLOWN away! This is the greatest upgrade I have ever heard in my life. For 25 years, I was taught to spend the most in speakers. Sorry! It’s the FRONT END! The best source you can afford. The purity transcends down the river. I am blown away by the sheer improvement in detail, clarity, depth, the air around the instruments.
My philosophy has changed.
skimrn

My Reference CDP is an extremely low mass player sitting on a serious Tuning Platform with both top and bottom tuning.

Michael Green

Hey, me too! Constrained layer damper on bottom, crystals on top. We’re twins! 
My experience that the Room is the most important "component". The second most important "component" is matching the speaker to the Room. I have heard systems at shows that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars yet sound worse than a Sonos. I have heard mid priced systems that make me smile when played in a room that has been set up correctly. If you check the major magazines and dealers (what is left of them) you find a plethora of great manufacturers. So Room, then matching, then fill in the rest.
My feeling is that AMPLIFIERS are the weakest part of the whole chain.  They always have been, in my audio experience going back 50+ years. 

The amps are FAR worse than the speakers.  

In 2019, I find that 99% of the amps one can buy, don't cut the mustard.  Also, VERY few people, active in audio, have long-term heard these amps in the 1% bracket.

The best sounding amps, IME, will be 2 Watts or less, tube, with absolutely NO negative feedback loop.  Only from this amplifier topology have I heard playback that is long-term satisfactory to me.

You pick the amplifier first, ................and the rest of the system follows suit.

The speaker will be a two-way, highly efficient / sensitive, in the 99 to 101 dB or higher range, and the woofer will be a 15 inch.  The speaker's enclosure will be ten cubic feet as the minimum size, no open baffles.  ALE, GPA, or some vintage ALTEC drivers can be used, with care, slight mods.

To obtain maximum dynamic contrasting, and wide band response,  the audio wire will have silver content, and I like to see multiple paralleled wires, the total equaling about 8 AWG , per polarity, for this 2 Watt amp.   Use of 8 AWG equivalent wire STARTS inside the amp, with the Power Transformer's High Voltage winding's center tap, and it extends, amp-to-crossover, through the crossover, and all the way to the voice coil terminals of fifteen inch driver.

The "ultimate" useful amplifier topology will " only and always " be simple - as follows : Two Stages, Direct Coupled, either SE or in Push Pull, using triodes.  This topology is hard to find, done really well, so I DIY design and build my own. Its a lot of fun.  Good luck in your quest.

Front end ( source ) equipment in 2019, is NOT the weak link.   We have some very good sources these days, if selected intelligently.  Amps that are truly superb, as always, still in my opinion, remains as the problem.

Dowto1000

I invest some of my money every 6 months to get my ears professionally cleaned. Best trick I have ever found. A good Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor will use a vacuum device and not the old bulb and warm water routine. You can put this on your insurance also. So here is a low cost fix that is a great help.