How important is it for you to attain a holographic image?

I’m wondering how many A’goners consider a holographic image a must for them to enjoy their systems?  Also, how many achieve this effect on a majority of recordings?
Is good soundstaging enough, or must a three dimensional image be attained in all cases.  Indeed, is it possible to always achieve it?

128x128rvpiano

I think I've stated everything I know of importance in regard to holography. If anyone wants to advance the audio in their listening room on the cheap, I suggest they go to this thread; DIY acoustic panels?

Just a brief comment to mention that room acoustics is only one part of the problem in achieving holographic soundstage. There are a great many other areas of the system that must be attended to in order to achieve the very best holographic soundstage. Examples: vibration isolation, electrical contact housekeeping, good cabling housekeeping, speaker placement and CD or LP treatments, not to mention getting rid of extraneous junk lying around, e.g., old newspapers, books you don’t need any more. Reduce entropy! 
Post removed 

Kosst, I agree 100%; "Holography" is a refinement of sound staging and imaging.

Sometime ago, I noted that audiophiles who were in the "end game"; meaning they might mention "van den Hul Grasshopper" as their current cartridge without being ostentatious; it would be in the context of the discussion. It was I who made a note of this fact because it gave me a strong clue in regard to the other components in their rig.

They had gone as far as they could go in regard to equipment, and they still were not satisfied; that's when they went to room treatment and got the improvements they were seeking.

The reason I don't talk too much about everything else required to get holography, is because I have made the false assumption that you know all that is required, and you realize that "room treatment" is the end game; my bad.