New codecs worth making a switch right now?

Those of you who have updated to the two new codecs (Dolby True HD and DTS HD), is there a noticabble difference in the audio quality? I already have a blue ray player and a system with the codecs that were in place just prior to the two new versions.

Thanks,

Mike
ndfan
Glad to help. I must say the whole HDMI/lossless codec situation is way too complicated. When I went to get my first HDMI system it took me forever to figure this all out. Hopefully as this becomes more commonplace it will all become easier.
Ndfan - actually, for Dolby Digital just moving to BR sounds better to me, even without HDMI. The bit rate is up to 640 kbits/sec which I find better than the 448 on DVDs.

Whether the lossless codecs and the higher bit rate lossy tracks sound significantly different often depends on the rest of your system, your room setup and your ears. Some people definitely beleave there is a major difference, others say they hear little difference. I am afraid there is no simple answer, unfortunately.

If your BR player decodes the new formats, you can try using the analog outs to your receiver (if so equipped) and compare that to the coax/optical sound. It is not an exact comparison since the D to A is done in different places, but it might give you some information.
Great feedback. Thank you. I borrowed an inexpensive Phillips BR with DTS-HD Master Audio and ran it through the analogue jacks on the receiver. I knew I'd need all those cables again someday. With a couple DTS-HD equipped action movies the sound was clearly much more crisp, clear and precise. In all channels the audio was sliced into very distinct pieces. It makes the playback I've been using seem a little smeared, although I thought it was great until I heard the difference. I'm sold. I was a little shocked at how much difference there acutally was. I'm using Marantz, Krell, Vienna Acoustics gear but I get the feeling that this would be an obvious difference regardless of your equipment. As always, it took listening to it on my own system to really understand if it's "worth" making the change. The new Oppo looks pretty good right about now.
Thanks,
Mike
What blue ray discs have people enjoyed that actually have the new HD-audio codecs on it? It seems when I look at Blue Ray movies; and music videos; the Diana Krall live in Rio is one of few with HD audio...we make such a big fuss about being able to decode and use the new HD format; but when will the manufactures start incorporating this into discs that we can buy? The Dark Knight is another HD disc that I enjoy; but help me out; and offer some suggestions for me to try; to push my system and let me enjoy to the max.....