No right channel in new cartridge

I just got a Sumiko Blackbird & mounted it.  I have no right channel. I haven’t fine tuned the mounting but, That shouldn’t make me lose a whole channel.  Once or twice I’ve heard a hum in the right channel before I put the needle down. When it goes down it stops & goes silent.  The channel isn’t effected in CD, DVD or radio.

i bought it here(all positives on the seller) & it only had 10 hours on it. It didn’t come in the original box but came screwed into a box... seemed pretty secure.  I checked & reconnected all the pins, jacks into the AVR & ground wire.

What should I try next?
tochsii
It’s probably a good idea to get your money back before you insult the seller via the Internet. I’m sure he can read, too.
lewm, I think you’re misunderstanding. I never mentioned the seller previously to the last post because he has a great reputation here. I started this post even before he responded about the problem the first time.  I wanted to figure out what was wrong & if I could fix it & work with him.  I think you’ll remember from my posts that I wanted to trust & work with this person... even after so many people said something doesn’t seem right, send it back. I’ve still said he must be making many people happy bc of his rep.  But, in this particular (just mine) transaction I found out he wasnt acting in good faith.  And, I only found this out bc I decided to call SS (at people’s advice-since I really wanted to stick with him) &  check out his promised quick turnaround because he knows  Pete. Well Pete @ SS didnt know him & said so he didn’t give preferential treatment.  Noting a transaction that went bad isn’t trashing someone.  It’s simply giving out the information for other prospective purchasers to use or not use. I hope you understand now.

My point is that I do not think you can blame the seller for the malfunction of the cartridge, fairly. Because something may have happened to it in shipment or during set up. So after you found the problem, the seller seems to have acted honorably by offering to refund your purchase price and accepting  the cartridge in return. At least that is my understanding  based on your previous posts. Now it seems you are angry with him or disillusioned with him, because he told you that soundSmith could fix the cartridge in very short order. That is quite a different issue, and I don’t think it’s quite fair to be upset with him because Peter at SoundSmith does not confirm his statement.  This is all assuming that he is still willing to take the cartridge back from you and refund your money. That is the basic issue, in my view. That’s why I say you would be better off not to say anything negative about him while this exchange is still pending.  This is in your own best interests. Of course it is also in the best interest of the seller to keep you happy. 
This is a very frail cartridge. Easily damaged as attested to by some reviewers on Amazon.
lewm, he never wanted the cart back.  He didn’t want to give me a refund.  This is probably just too nuanced for a post.  But, he wouldn’t let me return it & blames me.  He would only let me send it to SS for his supposed great relationship & fast turnaround for him personally. 

I never wanted to air all the details.  I put this up as a “help me fix it” post... I only wanted the cart. It was only after warnings that I knew to ask questions.  It’s a lesson learned for me.

As I was counseled here, I opened a case & just sent it back to Smoothy anyway, insured it for new retail with proof of delivery.

Now I just need a few suggestions about carts on this site at $850 or below.  I like things just a tad bright... if you’d (or anyone) give me suggestions I’d appreciate it

As always, thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge.