Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Hi Drew an thanks for your response. 

To confirm I have the server connected to the deqx via usb input. Then I have the Dave connected to the only bnc digital output from the deqx premate. 

I can confirm the analog digital icon is checked. I can't find the section where it allows me to set "single amp with mono subwoofer" in my case I will need "single amp with stereo subwoofer" as I have two subs (they re built into my speakers)

Can you tell me where that option is so I can check? I have checked the Dave input and it is on the correct bnc input. Whatever I choose with Dave it says "no data" or something like that which tell me the deqx is holding something back.

I just hope that the Dave as a dac is compatible with the deqx as I wanted to get the mscaler as well. The deqx has been one of thole biggest uplift ls in my system and I don't think I can live without the room correction side even with Dave. 

Please excuse previous spelling errors.

I am looking at the manual where it discusses using two subs in the analog domain on page 23 and connecting an external dac on page 24. Since I was using two subwoofers already and running the amps from my deqx via analog xlr connections, I am fairly sure(without checking as I am out) that Alan would have set it up already as "single amp with stereo subwoofers" as thats what the manual says to do, so I am baffled as to why it’s not working.

Could it be an input issue on the Dave? It’s brand new and could be fault. It is saying that it isn’t receiving any input on any bnc signal even when I am playing music.

I confirm that when I select the usb on the deqx (as I have connected my server to the usb input) I can hear the corrected low bass sub frequencies in the song in the analog domain (since I am still running my subwoofers from the deqx sub analog out into my speakers.) I just can’t hear the digital out mid and high frequencies, since the Dave is connected via the deqx digital output (full l2/r2) into the Dave’s bnc input 1. (I did try bnc 3 as well) I can confirm I have tried changed the inputs on the Dave and it still wasn’t working.

Further to this I did try changing in the I/O the Analog/digital to digital only. As expected I lost the low frequencies as the subs are connected via analog, but still no sound to the dac. I’m baffled.
Strange, it’s possible that there is a fault with the Full Digital Output on the PreMate (I use it on my HDP-5, linking to a slave HDP-3 & have never had any issue).

On the Dave using the setup function, have you selected PCM rather than DSD (PCM is correct)? Also make sure it is not switched to DAC mode which disables volume control.

You could check that this DAC is working by connecting your server directly to its USB input, then connect one of its digital outputs to one of the appropriate digital inputs on the PreMate. The PreMate will then feed to amps & subs via analogue outputs. With this setup & the PreMate configured as "single amp with stereo subwoofers", everything should play & it will confirm that the Dave is working (but not necessarily its digital input).

As a final thought, I hope there isn’t some sort of conflict between the digital clocks in both units.
Thanks Drewan
I think I have found the problem. Basically I bought an express hd 2 originally and over time took it back to deqx to get them to upgrade to the premate board as I wanted xlr for my new bel canto amps I bought.

I rang deqx and he told me there was a chance they didn't add the digital outputs even though my back unit has digital output. So basically the signal was going nowjere so it looks like a physical hardware issue. 

Pretty funny when you think about it. So I will be looking to upgrade to the premate at least.

On another note as a fellow deqx user I was wondering something. At the moment I am running goldenear triton 1s which have an active subwoofer built in. Alan set it up so my subwoofers are seperate from the mods and highs and I send my sub channel out via the sub out channels.

I am concerned that adding the Dave dac will give me delay from the mids and highs to the lows. I assume we can set the deqx up to not include any subwoofer channel so my speakers naturally send lfe to the subswithout with rca input. I am worried when I upgrade to the chord mscaler that I will get timing delays. Not sure if you know much aBout chord products
Actually, you should have no issues if you use the PreMate to drive everything (once the mods are done).

A delay on low frequencies via the Chord DAC will not be an issue - just measure the subs at the listening position separately to the other channels & then delay mid/high by comparing impulse responses & subtracting the slowest (subs) from the fastest (others). 

I used to have a Chord DAC64 which was very nice but sold it on a few years ago. Other than that I've not used their products (don't use the inbuilt DAC's on either of my DEQX processors either)