B&W 802 N vs. D

I apologize in advance since this is probably an old question, but can someone summarize for me the differences in the sound of the 802 N and 802 D? I am wondering if the D's are worth the extra $$ they go for.
diw
I've been thinking about what the "B&W sound" is. The folks here who think they sound slow remind of every time I've listened to the 801's (of various vintages). I always thought that was a poorly balanced speaker, with a ponderous bottom end. Maybe it was the shape of the speaker influencing my perception of the sound:) The first time I listened to 802N's, they were driven by the TACT amp and room correction system. And they were very quick. B&W may not be as transparent as Wilson's, but sound warmer (in a good way) and more natural to me. Then again, I haven't heard the Wilson 7, 8, or Sophias. But that's how I would characterize it up through the W/P6.

My Dreadnaught drives my 803's quite well, thank you. A very quiet amp, despite the distortion stats quoted.

Now how many years ago did they stop making the N series? How old would an 802N on A'gon have to be?
Does anyone here think I should be considering Revel?
DIW
THEY STOPPED PRODUCING THE N SEREIS IN 2005 THEY RAN FOR 7 YEARS. I AGREE MY B&W SPEAKERS ARE FAR FROM SLOW & SOUND GREAT W/MY CLASS D AMP FROM WYRED4SOUND (HIDDEN GEM)

ONCE AGAIN ALL THE MAJOR RECORDING STUDIOS USE B&W SPEKERS, CAN'T BE A COINCIDECE!! THEY JUST REPODUCE SOUND AS NATURALLY AS POSSIBLE. IF Y READ ANY REVIEWS FROM STUDIO ENGINEERS THEY ALL SAY B&W IS THE BEST SPEAKER TO LISTEN TO TO MIX MUSIC AS IN PRODUCES THE MOST UN-TAINTED SOUND FROM THE ORIGINAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS.

STEVE SPIELBURG RECORDING STUDIO ALSO USES B&W SPEAKERS!

MISSCOONEY YOU PROBABLY HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD THE 800 SERIES SPEAKERS , THE OTHER GUY IS RIGHT Y JUSY LIKE TO AGRUE LIKE BA'CTH & YOUR AUDIO /VIDEO KNOWLEDGE IS SO LIMITED YOU SHOULD JUST GO BACK TO HANGING AROUND WITH YOUR VIRTUAL COMPUTER GENERATED GIRLFRIEND. YA ALL THESE EXPERTS ARE WRONG ABOUT B&W & YOUR HOLINESS IS RIGHT!!

BOW DOWN TO STUPIDITY AS HE IS YOUR MASTER & MOVE ALONG!

KODG
what is up with the knocking of krell, audiofeil, i for one think they make a great product and they stand behind it. but then i don't have audio in my name. as for B&W i have owned 800d's, 802's, and all the signiture line. for the money they can not be beat! every time some audio snob knocks them they say wilson, jm labs etc. these are very good speaker but $ TO $ no comparison, B&W gives you more. i know longer own them, i went as far in the line as i could but would never hesitate to suggest them for their value. kodg don't waist your time they are programed to say "dinosaur" or "living off reputation" because they have ears of gold. give me a break.
Dear Bombaywalla,

Your post regarding to the amplifier-speaker electrical interface is very helpful. I am looking B&W 802N or 802D but wonder if the EAD PowerMaster 8300 or 6300 can make them sing well for both music 2 chanel and movie 7.1? . I heard that with B&W 802, subwoffer would become redundant for movie. Is it correct? Would much apreciate if someone can share experience on this

Btw, I also very appreciated your review on TARA Labs Master Gen II RCA interconnects that helped me to buy this cable and being happy until now though I have tried many other cables but nothing can defeat the Master Gen II. Thanks you very much.
i have read two or three reviews that stated they did not need a sub with the 802ds. i have two jl audio f-113 running along my 802ds & the bass is out of this world.

i guess i comes down to how much bass you like in your listening. if good bass is adequate, your fine just using the 802ds.

kodg