PS Audio Redcloud release/thoughts?

I'm a little late to the game, having just updated to Redcloud, wondering what people are hearing.  And, I'll just throw in here, I'm aware there's a thread in the PS forum; but searching it is like dealing with a 3rd rate Chrome browser, ripped off from North Korea.  

I've been sitting with the update for about a day and I really can't discern much of a difference vs. Torrey's.
toddcowles
I don’t believe Snowmass has been released for the DSJ, yet.  But, looking forward to it.  I did remove my preamp and DEQX from the signal chain and have been running the DSJ direct to my amps, it sounds good, but I do notice noise at low volumes; which I believe the DSJ Snowmass update is going to be addressing that
     Red Cloud replaced Huron which in my system and to my ears was way better than Red Cloud. Red Cloud was very analytical and somewhat bright to me. I recently installed the new Snowmass firmware and it's Excellent. It's like a marriage between Huron and Torreys. Torreys had a warm laid back presentation and Huron had a nice detailed pace. In Snowmass you're getting the best of those 2 updates. That's my impression of the sonic advancements you get with Snowmass. 
        For me , Red Cloud was a big disappointment. I can't believe they even bothered to release it. Huron was really good. The background is blacker with Snowmass which adds to the depth. Very happy with Snowmass. 
I did like Torrey’s and from recollection, it took a few days for me to warm up to Huron.  I read through a post in PS’s forum, they’re currently working thru their compiled codes and reviewing them for final selection.  The PS folks in the forum Snowmass will be released very soon for the Directstream Junior.
Red Cloud replaced Huron which in my system and to my ears was way better than Red Cloud. Red Cloud was very analytical and somewhat bright to me. I recently installed the new Snowmass firmware and it's Excellent. It's like a marriage between Huron and Torreys. Torreys had a warm laid back presentation and Huron had a nice detailed pace. In Snowmass you're getting the best of those 2 updates. That's my impression of the sonic advancements you get with Snowmass.
        For me , Red Cloud was a big disappointment. I can't believe they even bothered to release it. Huron was really good. The background is blacker with Snowmass which adds to the depth. Very happy with Snowmass

It is refreshing to know that not everyone is ecstatic about every firmware update from PS Audio, the usual refrain being "this latest update is soooo much better than the last one".

Discerning ears will be able to tell when an update is not necessarily an upgrade. It is just natural human behavior to first expect the latest to sound better and then psyche our mind and ears to hear it as such. I have been guilty of this myself. First impressions are always more favorable towards the new but switch back to the previous component in the same system after a couple of weeks, and voila! - what a revelation!

As has been said many times elsewhere, different does not mean better.
From what has been described in this thread,  forget Red Cloud and just wait for Snowmass. :)