Do people really just not get it that their items are not selling...

simply because they are over priced? 
whatjd
I will throw in that I recently sold some big monoblocks that I didn’t want to ship locally, trouble free sale. The buying offer came to me from an ad I ran on Craigslist. I had three conversations with three potential Agon buyers but none came through with a deal. So don’t ignore Craigslist. It can help you sell your high end gear. That said, it’s far from perfect and I have always enjoyed meeting Audiogon members whom I’ve bought and sold gear with in the past.
FWIW, the budget hifi products have gotten so good in the last few years that it makes selling traditional hifi more difficult....especially separates. There are buyers, but they are fewer and farther between unless you are selling McIntosh, PrimaLuna, Naim, and a few others.  
Mint loudspeaker stands also sell only at -60 %. There is no logic in this business.
I am moving and downsizing. Found a Shure V-15 type v cartridge new in box in my stuff. Threw it up on eBay along with a Shure test record at $169. Sold for $420. Put up a Grace F-9L with no stylus for $99. First bid came in 4 hours. Waiting to see what happens.

Guy on eBay bought a crossover from me. We got to talking. He bought 90% of my JBL speakers including a pair of L300 I did not look forward to moving. And most of my loose drivers and 42% of my vinyl. Made 3 trips. I expect one more trip. :-)
A lot of sellers on audiogon are trying to sell items for not much less than one can buy bnib from a good dealer. Its not worth buying used for a 5-10% savings.