DSOTM on Vinyl

My 1978 Mobile Fidelity DSOTM is starting to show its age; I’ve played it MANY times.

What do feel is the best version of this album available today on vinyl?  
stickman451
I finally got in the latest re-masters of "DSOTM" & "The Wall". Looking forward to hearing them.
As a budding audiophile, over 3 decades ago, I had read all of the positive attributes of "Speak To Me" and how it was a revelation. All of these years later, I am still disappointed, maybe because all of the hype surrounding it, that never met (that) expectation,yet mostly because I own several lps now that blow this portion of that record away, regarding deep bass.

Now, on to this pressing... I own the original MFSL, and all of the (every five year) anniversary issues and the domestic. I’m going to rely on my musical memory, which I’ve always found to be very good and I’m sure those of you who are really into music can attest you have as well. This pressing sounds at least as good, maybe better than any I own. In fact, it’s dynamic expression seems to be superior to any copy I own, while retaining all of the warmth one should expect from a ’70s era lp.

I could go through every pressing I own of this lp and find little things that I’d like here & there. Not interested in doing that. If I were to recommend one copy of this lp, The 2016 re-master would be it. In fact, whenever I pull this title out for a listen, this pressing WILL be my go-to.
  • The new remaster is pretty good. It isn't as good as the 30th Anniversary. The 30th bests the MoFi. To sum this up. The 30th is an upgrade to the MoFi. The new remaster is about a lateral move from the MoFi. So if you want an upgrade, buy the 2003 remaster. If you just want a replacement the 2016 Grundman remaster is cheap and about as good as the MoFi. I suggest the 2003 remaster as an upgrade. I do own all three versions.