Stillpoints - snake oil?

Anybody here using Stillpoints Ultras? My dealer thinks highly of them, but I am very suspicious.
128x128thyname
Re. Mapleshade: I just had a look at their site and their products seem sound and well thought. I'm a fan of solid butcher block bases and iso pads, as a platform for components, particularly TTs and CDPs. Also the design of the three point tips on the top side of their Micropoint Megafeet, although a bit pricey, is a good design to insure a good coupling to the component. On standard designed tip-toes, I put a thin disc of dense felt, between the flat base of the tip-toe cone and the component - to reduce the chance of vibrations between the tip-toe and the component.
@twoleftears: Looks like a good product. They should be very effective for dampening and isolation. At that price - what's to loose....Jim
Regarding Stillpoints: WOW - very fancy! At $695.00 pr. footer, so about $2,100. per component - it seems like a real expensive way to handle the problems of vibration and resonance in an audio system, when there are other (as, or more effective) ways to solve those problems, with considerably less cost.
Not judging how anyone spends their money - just sayn...Jim
A somewhat obvious thought (to me at least) is that the dealer should be willing to demo identical systems with and without Stillpoints to give prospective purchasers a chance to hear any differences without having to take them home first. I understand that each of us might not get the same results with our own systems as the ones in the store but if you don't hear any differences between the two (or three or more if application variations are possible) whilst there, you likely won't at your home either....
@ethiessen1  
Depending on how well the system, at the audio shop, was set up in the first place, I would say you would hear a difference between, without and with the Stillpoints. Most likely, with the Stillpoints, the stage would seem slightly larger, with a bit more clarity and definition through the upper and mid range and possibly a tighter bass. A smooth sales person - with a customer having deep pockets and a willingness to spend any amount to get the slightest bit better sound - may well swing a quick $2K - $5K sale on a box of fancy goods (not counting anything for speakers).
The thing is - for a small fraction of that cost (probably less than $100.00 per component) you could accomplish the same difference, using iso mats, brass tip-toes, a roll of rubber no-skid drawer liner and a thin sheet of dense felt. For a few hundred dollars more, you can add in a couple of 3" or 4" maple butcher blocks. When used in conjunction with iso pads and tip-toes, they do help - especially with TTs, CDPs, transports and DACs.
Also, I've found that small bags filled with sand or shot, can work well for dampening.
Wither in the audio shop, or in your home, taking steps to eliminate vibration and resonance, almost always has a sonic pay off...Jim

Post removed