Hegel H590

New to audiogon and first post. I'm planning on preordering the Hegel H590 soon. They'll be driving my KEF Reference 2's which should be a huge upgrade from my Denon AVR.

Anyone heard this integrated yet?
Anyone heard an official ship date?

Thanks,
Hugh Jahsol
128x128hugh_jahsol
Perhaps it's because they wrote their own software / OS.

From Anders Ertzied / Hegel:  "We don't run Linux: we've written our own proprietary operating system."

Perhaps someone can comment on whether they can (if they are using software outside of the types Roon supports)?

https://www.stereophile.com/content/hegel-launches-new-amp-white-plains-ny-event#uhHBvYjuMcjmzU0D.99
I work in software in Silicon Valley with the best programmers in the world. I can’t see why any reasonable engineer would make their own OS anymore. It’s so easy to customize Linux or Android, which are stable platforms and actively being improved, not to mention security updates. 
Post removed 
This is the 2nd company that I heard is doing a custom OS, ROON and Hegel.

When I heard that PS Audio is writing their own version of ROON I decided to not go for the DS DAC.

I am a software guy myself and cannot see an audio company doing software well. Though  I think the ROON guys/gals can pull it off since they are a software company.