Best used Solid State Amp $1500.00

I HAD MY HEART SET ON AN ALEPH-3 BUT STUFF I"VE READ ABOUT IT ESPECIALLY THE POOR BASS HAS ME SPOOKED.THE STEREOPHILE REVIEW GOT ME HOOKED ON THEM 3 YEARS AGO.I HAVE A REGA 25, GRADO PLATINUM CART.ROGUE 99 WITH PHONO, HT PRO-SILWAYS,STOCK ST-70 TARA PHASE-2 PARADIGM STUDIO-80s I LISTEN TO MOSTLY CLASSIC ROCK,HEAVY METAL,MODERN ROCK AND SOME POP.I WANT TO GO SOLID STATE AND LET THE ROGUE BE MY TUBES.ANY SUGGESTIONS?
david99
You should be able to find a used Krell 250a for around $2k, or a little under. If you want THE MOST powerful and BEST sounding amp for the money, this is it. Your dealer must have been kicked in the head by a mule...either that or he needs to be...hell, I'll do it myself! WHO IS HE? Is this Kevin at Upscale? HE'S A REAL PRICK, AND I'LL KICK HIS ASS IF I EVER RUN ACROSS HIM IN PERSON! He can't hear jack, and needs to stick his head up his own butt, and get out of audio for good, the bastard!!!
If you have listened Aleph, or any other amp, and you like what you heard (i mean, if music "touch" you, not "bass" or "midrange" or...) than you get it. You are going to enjoy it, not the "critics" or reviewers....Your heart is for Aleph, try...and if you don't like it, you can always get the another one.
the Mccormack DNA-1 should be a must hear. I purchased the SE model and it seems to just get better and better with time.
try a Coda. The brains behind Coda were the R and D team of Threshold which was/is one of the most respected names in audio. Have tried a lot of gear including most of the brands most talked about here including the KAV250a, McCormack DNA 0.5 deluxe, Bryston 4b st. prefer this equipment to them all. excellent detail. almost a bullet proof build, 10 year transferable warranty (first 5 years)- doubt if you would ever use it, and imaging and mids and highs associated with some of the best tube equipment. All the amps listed here have their strong points and in the right systems will sound great. There is no best- it is highly subjective and you will know after listening to it which is best for you- Good luck. If you get a chance listen to the Coda equipment- they will literally blow you away have 120
try a Coda. The brains behind Coda were the R and D team of Threshold which was/is one of the most respected names in audio. Have tried a lot of gear including most of the brands most talked about here including the KAV250a, McCormack DNA 0.5 deluxe, Bryston 4b st. prefer this equipment to them all. excellent detail. almost a bullet proof build, 10 year transferable warranty (first 5 years)- doubt if you would ever use it, and imaging and mids and highs associated with some of the best tube equipment. All the amps listed here have their strong points and in the right systems will sound great. There is no best- it is highly subjective and you will know after listening to it which is best for you- Good luck. If you get a chance listen to the Coda equipment- they will literally blow you away have 120 amps per channel which will drive any speaker. first 25 watts (which is more than what most people listen to is in Class A. Something the other amps listed do not have. they are solely in class A/B good luck in your search. there is a Coda 10.5 here at audiogon with an asking price of 1500. it lists at 3250. and worth every penny.