Using Maple Butcher Block Under a Turntable

When using a maple butcher block under a turntable, what is below the butcher block?  Cone?  Soborthane pucks?  Does it just lay on the shelf?  What are people using and how of they mounting the block?  How are they mounting the table on the butcher block?
bpoletti
Wow. Highly entertaining. I didn’t learn anything, but I laughed my ass off. Fortunately I was sitting on a 3 inch slab of maple, so my ass vibrations were highly damped. 
Of the dairy food group I believe you’ll find whole eggs 🥚 🥚 🥚 are a delicious addition to your tweak box and are surprisingly strong when positioned as shown. You should find three eggs provide a very stable platform as three points determine a plane. Four eggs usually won’t determine a plane due to the slight variations in size of the eggs. Eggs-ackly! One variable is whether to use raw or boiled eggs. Let your ears decide. Another variable: Tips up or tips down? Let your ears decide.
bpoletti 
I wanna get me some of that liquid vacuum y’all. I bet my moonshine will sell much kwicker with some vacuum flavor.

LAMO sounds to technical for me. 

👌